• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. Finally got around to playing this and Im a little disappointed

User Info: Cashew

Cashew
2 years ago#1
Why did they keep the same game save mechanic and time limits? I loved dead rising 3 so going back to this older format is kinda rough. I always forget to save in the damn bathrooms and I hate trying to manage the stupid wrist watch. I got to survivor at the last second and started talking to him but I guess the time ran out cause the game switched to a cut scene of the guy dying and becoming a zombie.. so frustrating. Losing progress because you forget to save is such an old game mechanic even by something this old.. makes it hard to finish. Just ranting.. hopefully the story will get better too
My give a damn is busted.

User Info: JacobNothing

JacobNothing
2 years ago#2
It is rough isn’t it?. Always wanted to try this series back in it’s prime. Im older now and its a chore to play videogames. The micromanaging is more of a nuisance. I just want to turn my brain off, and play at my leisure. I thought it would be free roaming, and do what you want, when you want. Not the case.

I picked up the orignal too, and played two or three hours of it. Believe me, it is way worse. Brutal, meaning unforgiving. Skip that one.

That being said I did power threw and am finding it a pretty enjoyable experience. The trick i heard is, it takes multiple play throughs to see everything. You need to die, start over, and level up to make the games easier. (I am at a point in my life where i dont have the time, nor do I want to play the same game over!) The psychopath boss fights can be a real pain. I have these redneck gun toting guys destroying me in the main area that leads to most destinations. Argh.

Haven’t played in over a month. Just finished the gears trilogy. Now I’m stuck at a boss fight with a helicopter, completely unequipped to deal with this fight, and have the countdown timer preventing me from effectively dealing with this chapter.

Hope I can jump back in finish it. Dead rising 4 eliminated the timer and people complained it made the game easier and boring.
No one wanted me back, but I'm back. Like back on crack.
Jake the garden snake.

User Info: Cashew

Cashew
2 years ago#3
I havent tried 4 yet. I guess i need to give it a try. I did play all the way thru the 1st game and once u reach max level its becomes super easy. I just cant believe they did the same time and save mechanics in this game when that was everyones main complaint with the first. 3 has it but u never even notice it or have to worry about it. You really have to just purposely go out of your way to miss a survivor or boss fight.. im done with this game though.. oh well blah
My give a damn is busted.

User Info: JacobNothing

JacobNothing
2 years ago#4
I actually finished the game and I hope you do as well. The helicopter wasn’t as hard as I thought. The ending boss wasn't nice tho. Played threw a second time and it was more enjoyable. The second time I had enuff time to do both the main cases and rescue nearly all the survivors. So much easier the second time. I popped Dead Rising in again afterwards and decided I'm NEVER going to play that piece of crap again. Those mother effing convicts in that military jeep. No, just no.
No one wanted me back, but I'm back. Like back on crack.
Jake the garden snake.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. Finally got around to playing this and Im a little disappointed
  • Post New Message
More topics from this board...
List of Free Zombrex LocationsJ2DK343/2 3:18PM

GameFAQs Q&A