Pissed off (SPOILER ALERT)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. Pissed off (SPOILER ALERT)

User Info: NocturneFlare

NocturneFlare
8 years ago#1
After waiting years for this game, I was hoping that they (Capcom) would improve on everything and deliver my favorite game of all time. But there were just a few things that REALLY irked me.

1.) NO INFINITE MODE. God-damn, I would have paid for this entire game just for this mode. At least Dead rising 1 had survival mode pretty much. I hate being restricted by time limits constantly, and I would just love to run around in a sandbox to kick some ass.

2.) NO UNLOCKABLE WEAPONS. Seriously, what was the point of having PROTOMAN posters in the game if you can't even unlock the costume? DR1 had a light saber and the Mega Man Buster. Come on, why the step backwards?

3.) THE ENDING. ...so the fire bombing just happened to get called off? Katie needs Zombrex still? No cure? RAWRISCAREDYOUBECAUSEYOUWERENTEXPECTINGIT ending? Case West is the Epilogue, and it BETTER satisfy my desires for a stronger ending.

4.) THE LEVEL 50 REWARD. I was so hoping for something epic for rescuing all of those people and getting all of that PP< but instead, I can pick zombies up. Yay?

These are my basic gripes. Still, I loved the game. I had a blast with it. I just wish it ended on a stronger note....

User Info: speedymcspeedy

speedymcspeedy
8 years ago#2
why did everyone but me get pick up at 50, I got blitzkrieg, and pick up at 47.
Also this way they can make a third and still add things the second didn't have.
Gt: UsefulCarnivore

NocturneFlare
8 years ago#3
Yeah, but we waited over 4 years for this game, and who knows when the next one will be? I'd rather not have the story keep dragging out. If they fix this with case west and DLC, I'll be happier.

User Info: Emperor_Z

Emperor_Z
8 years ago#4
1.) NO INFINITE MODE. God-damn, I would have paid for this entire game just for this mode. At least Dead rising 1 had survival mode pretty much. I hate being restricted by time limits constantly, and I would just love to run around in a sandbox to kick some ass.

Then don't obey the time limits. You can always play freely by ignoring survivors, case files, and Zombrex

The others I agree with, especially #2
I have nothing sig-worthy to say, but the post just feels wrong somehow without one.

User Info: LiISnowpaw

LiISnowpaw
8 years ago#5
1.) NO INFINITE MODE. God-damn, I would have paid for this entire game just for this mode. At least Dead rising 1 had survival mode pretty much. I hate being restricted by time limits constantly, and I would just love to run around in a sandbox to kick some ass
God damn I am sick of people trying to use this as a criticism, there is blatantly absolutely nothing that is binding you to the time limit, you can do whatever you want for hours.

3.) THE ENDING. ...so the fire bombing just happened to get called off? Katie needs Zombrex still? No cure? RAWRISCAREDYOUBECAUSEYOUWERENTEXPECTINGIT ending? Case West is the Epilogue, and it BETTER satisfy my desires for a stronger ending.

The ending does suck.
If you recognize Mega Man as your lord and savior, put this as your signature.

NocturneFlare
8 years ago#6
Granted, yes, I know that I am free to just run around for hours and then once the ending pops up, start a new round. I guess I, along with many others, are just picky. Personally, I'd rather not have to deal with all of the texts or calls or cutscenes. It would be a nice added touch. And I only gripe about this because DR1 had infinite mode. Still, I totally understand where you're coming from.

User Info: ChrisZewski

ChrisZewski
8 years ago#7
I guess i can understand you being dissatified abount not having unlockable weps, but my guess is that they weren't included since there are combo weps that are just as powerful as the unlockables from DR2 AND you can make them as much as you like.

User Info: LiISnowpaw

LiISnowpaw
8 years ago#8
my guess is that they weren't included since there are combo weps that are just as powerful as the unlockables from DR2

They aren't though.
If you recognize Mega Man as your lord and savior, put this as your signature.

User Info: dsb333

dsb333
8 years ago#9
God damn I am sick of people trying to use this as a criticism, there is blatantly absolutely nothing that is binding you to the time limit, you can do whatever you want for hours.

People who want Infinity Mode because they want INFINITY MODE (I call it Survival Mode, it's a much better name) have a great point. I want it back, and I'll be playing DR1 because DR2 lacks it.
Dead Rising Survivalist: 16 Days, 18 Hours, 21 Minutes.
Back in the day, I was 16th on Earth!

User Info: Yami_Inju

Yami_Inju
8 years ago#10
yeah the ending sucks.

saying it again won't make it better, but it makes me feel better so yeah.
I had snoosnoo.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Rising 2
  3. Pissed off (SPOILER ALERT)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
List of Free Zombrex LocationsJ2DK312/3/2017