• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Right here Roger Ebert

User Info: IzisviAziria

IzisviAziria
9 years ago#1

Roger Ebert, some self-inflated, r-tard critic claims video games can never be art. Aside from countless other examples, this game is just so fantastic a piece of art that I wanted to post. I felt more strongly for the characters in this than I've felt for any movie in a long time. I literally cried out in denial several times in this game, in response to the events; the ending had me in a state of shock, disbelief, sadness, and more.

I am so thoroughly impressed with the story this game told, the way it told it, the atmosphere it created for the Wild West, just as a whole... this game has completely impressed. I realize it's not in any way the first game to be an art piece, but having just finished the story, I really felt compelled to comment on it.

User Info: thecakeisalie11

thecakeisalie11
9 years ago#2
for us it maybe art but ebert would still say "oh they borrowed from Once upon a time in the west and a fistfull of dollars" or such thing.

User Info: IzisviAziria

IzisviAziria
9 years ago#3
And what artist didn't "borrow"? Every artist borrows. They just use the word "inspiration" instead.

User Info: Kingkiel

Kingkiel
9 years ago#4
It's that man's opinion and this is old news on top of it. If I said that Jim Carrey, Chris Farley, and Adam Sandler were never funny..which I don't think they are, I'm sure a lot of people would raise hell about how awesome Billy Madison was or how cool Tommy Boy is. You won't change my mind about those three and no one will certainly change Roger Ebert's mind as well. As long as you enjoy the game my friend that's what should matter to you.
PSN = X_Omegaforce_X

User Info: JTBungle

JTBungle
9 years ago#5
really, anything you do creatively is an art... and there were a LOT of talented, creative people working to make it...
ebert can suck one.... this is the best game ive played since ghostbusters. (yea thats right)
===========================================================
PSN: JTBungle

User Info: joeimpo

joeimpo
9 years ago#6
Since you brought it up, here is an article from my favorite website on all of the internet.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-ebert-is-wrong-in-defense-of-games-as-art/
Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

User Info: xaliqen

xaliqen
9 years ago#7
I wouldn't go to a horse veterinarian looking for advice about what car to buy. Why would anyone listen to what a film critic has to say about video games?

User Info: DJJ2

DJJ2
9 years ago#8
Ok, Ebert is one of the best things to have happened to the cinema industry so pipe down with the hate talk.

Have a look at this article by Yahtzee:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/7473-Extra-Punctuation-Videogames-as-Art

This pretty much sums this whole debate up on my end.

User Info: silver8ack

silver8ack
9 years ago#9

Ok, Ebert is one of the best things to have happened to the cinema industry so pipe down with the hate talk.

Have a look at this article by Yahtzee:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/extra-punctuation/7473-Extra-Punctuation-Videogames-as-Art

This pretty much sums this whole debate up on my end.

Best things to happen??? Why, because I have always listened to the opposite of what he said? If he likes a movie, I hate it.
PSN: o_silver8ack_o

User Info: SeraphimZ3r0

SeraphimZ3r0
9 years ago#10
"Ok, Ebert is one of the best things to have happened to the cinema industry so pipe down with the hate talk"

I don't think I've agreed with a single review. I don't think he's done a thing for the industry other than have poor taste. The difference is, he's a professional critic. So his poor taste carries more weight than my poor taste.
After you write an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Right here Roger Ebert
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A