launcher error failed to load DLL game\game.xex

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  3. launcher error failed to load DLL game\game.xex

User Info: nasof55

nasof55
8 years ago#1
Can anyone help me? My game loads up but when I hit the start button it says launcher error failed to load DLL game\game.xex Has this happen to anyone else?

User Info: FPS_W1LL_SM1TH

FPS_W1LL_SM1TH
8 years ago#2
stop burning your games bra

User Info: sportsguy3675

sportsguy3675
8 years ago#3
Yes, I get that on my Xbox that has disk reading problems. Your box might be fried?

nasof55
8 years ago#4
I bought the game like all my games ,and only battle field bad company 2 gives that error my other games are fine.

User Info: acoustiphile

acoustiphile
8 years ago#5
uninstall, reinstall, problem solved. had the same thing happen to me, on a brand new 250gb.
"What old thing? Being a badass, punching grizzly bears, and wiping my ass with Twilight?"- Return of Mercer

nasof55
8 years ago#6
If I delete the game and reinstall I would lose everything I have done.
I have all weapons all gadgets everything and a high rank online,or would I keep all my online stuff.
Don't care about single player.

User Info: outcast1398

outcast1398
8 years ago#7
I don't have the same problem but have that stupid disc read error every time I boot up on my new elite.

the disc is not dirty! lol - I guess I need to take the game out after playing. Whenever I turn it on it goes to the menu and says "play game" doesn't pop up the BC2 graphic. (it's installed too) Gotta test this with other games, but only have been playing BC2 for awhile now. Actually I don't remember this happening all the time with MW2, could be wrong though.

I love my xbox, but man I wish there weren't so many quirky things with the hardware, though I'd take that every time rather than a rrod [knocks on wood]

nasof55 - is this happening every time, so you can't play at all??
Believe it or not, I have more important things to do today than laugh and clap my hands... Reschedule.

User Info: outcast1398

outcast1398
8 years ago#8
Deleting your game install won't mess up your unlocks or game saves. Just don't go into the memory and delete your save/profile files.
Believe it or not, I have more important things to do today than laugh and clap my hands... Reschedule.

nasof55
8 years ago#9
Yes I installed to hard drive and now it works great thanks so much for your help everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  3. launcher error failed to load DLL game\game.xex

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived