You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. Did anyone ever figure out a fix to the save deletion bug?
ravens52bears54 5 months ago#1
I got on a backwards compatibility kick lately. I just replayed through AC1 and got all the cheevos I missed. Got all the flags and such. So, I move onto this game and get a few hours in and start getting a message saying the game can't save because the memory device is missing. I quit and try to load my game and it's gone. I figure maybe the issue was that I left the game suspended so I load up a new game and play all the way until Monteriggioni. I wait until the game auto saves and then properly quit to the main menu. Before closing out the app I double check the saves and it shows my save as 'damaged'. Unreal. I researched it and saw posts all the way back to 2010 complaining about the issue. How is it possible that even on backwards compatibility the issue hasn't been resolved?!?
Currently playing:
Uncharted 4 (PS4), R.B.I. '16 (XB1), Homefront TR (PS4), Shadow Complex (PS4), The Division (PS4), Bastion (Vita)
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. Did anyone ever figure out a fix to the save deletion bug?

GameFAQs Q&A