• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. LOL@WARNING Ezio did not kill civillians
Andronicus87 6 years ago#1
So why does it even let me..... dumb I just wanted to poke my hidden blades out to look cool and Ezio kills the dude walkin by blah.
GT:Sp3ctr3187 PSN:Andronicus87
DarkMisaka 6 years ago#2
Surprised to see people still playing this, glad I'm not the only one. Bought it last month and have been having fun ever since. I'm getting the first game soon as well, because I've never played it.
Future Video Game and Anime Art Designer
stabguy 6 years ago#3
Andronicus87 posted...
So why does it even let me

It's a concept best explained in AC1. When Desmond is in the Animus he becomes more synchronized by doing the sort of things his ancestor would have done and less synchronized by going off script. In this case, killing a civilian violates the first tenet of the creed. That's something Ezio would not do.

In Assassin's Creed games you don't die, you become desynchronized with your ancestor's genetic memory.
Maps for AC1, AC2 and AC:B collectibles:
http://www.thehiddenblade.com/maps
ssj5goku2005 6 years ago#4
stabguy posted...
In Assassin's Creed games you don't die, you become desynchronized with your ancestor's genetic memory.

You can get desynchronized for dying though...and correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played this game in a couple years but wouldn't the older games actually say "DESYNCHRONIZED: You died"
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
stabguy 6 years ago#5
ssj5goku2005 posted...
You can get desynchronized for dying though...and correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't played this game in a couple years but wouldn't the older games actually say "DESYNCHRONIZED: You died"

Yes. AC1 says:

Desynchronized - Death
Reloading memory

It's all consistent in a way. Dying is not something your ancestor did at that time in his life, so you get desynchronized for getting your butt kicked. :-)

This concept presented a game design challenge for sequences where you play as Desmond. He's not in the Animus and can't become desynchronized. How could the game continue if he died?
Maps for AC1, AC2 and AC:B collectibles:
http://www.thehiddenblade.com/maps
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. LOL@WARNING Ezio did not kill civillians
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A