• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. New...few questions
WFUDEAC00 7 years ago#1
I played AC1, then went straight to ACIV since I love the pirate world. So far I think ACII is a fantastic game, probably better than ACIV when all is said and done. I had a couple questions if you don't mind.

How do you tackle pickpockets?

When I'm fighting a group of enemies, I can't seem to pick up a random weapon on the ground when I have my sword or knife equipped. It only lets me pick up these weapons once everybody is dead. I would love to be able to grab a weapon mid-fight and keep on banging.

Thanks!
XBL: RunnerDeac
Form is temporary. Class is permanent
bobbyrk 7 years ago#2
When you're chasing pickpockets, you have to tap B when you're close enough. The context menu up in the top right corner of the screen has what the controls will do at that moment.

For picking up weapons, you can actually do it in a fight, but it's slow and leaves you vulnerable to attack. You have to be standing basically right on top of the weapon, and without pressing the Right Trigger, press B. Again, pay attention to the context menu as above.
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
WFUDEAC00 7 years ago#3
Thanks. I also think you have to 'un-lock' from an enemy by pressing LT also.

Any tips for free-running? When I'm chasing a pickpocket or running a race, I have to let go of the A button just to move RS a little in the direction I want to be facing. It breaks up my rhythm quite a bit.
XBL: RunnerDeac
Form is temporary. Class is permanent
stabguy 7 years ago#4
WFUDEAC00 posted...
I have to let go of the A button just to move RS a little in the direction I want to be facing.
There are two ways to steer an Assassin: with Left Stick or by turning the camera with Right Stick (while holding LS at 12 o'clock). Like you, I prefer the latter when walking or running. When sprinting or free running, I use Left Stick because my right thumb is unavailable.
Maps for AC1, AC2 and AC:B collectibles:
http://www.thehiddenblade.com/maps
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. New...few questions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A