• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. Battle of Forli Ending (spoilers obv)

User Info: InsipidActnHero

InsipidActnHero
10 years ago#1
So after Ezio got stabbed and was sitting there helpless when the monk came up and grabbed the Apple, was I the only one who thought it was Altair? Probably because you couldn't see his face and all of the conspiracy theories on this board that the final codex page has Altair using the apple to possibly gain immortality, but whenever Ezio said he had a missing finger I was like "oh ****", but instead we got some lame and crazy monk.
Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is ****ing terrifying.

User Info: Dylan1122

Dylan1122
10 years ago#2
It should have been obvious it wasn't Altair since his ring finger is missing. In the case of the monk, it was his pinky :P

User Info: d_olson27

d_olson27
10 years ago#3
^Details, details.
Denial is the only way I've come to terms with my imperfections.

User Info: The_N8dog

The_N8dog
10 years ago#4
I wouldn't rule out that possibility in a future AC. Since we're dealing with immortality and powers and so forth.
"C'mon, let's kill each other over the pepperoni" - The Goonies

User Info: Skyborgman

Skyborgman
10 years ago#5
Savonarola is much more than a stupid monk. he was the instrument to the downfall of the powerful Medici family
the harder they come is the harder they'll fall

User Info: bobbyrk

bobbyrk
10 years ago#6
I wouldn't rule out that possibility in a future AC. Since we're dealing with immortality and powers and so forth

We're not dealing with immortality at all.

The one statement in the game that could possibly deal with immortality is utterly ambiguous on two separate levels:
- The first level, if he even looked at the Apple again.
- The second level, if he learned anything useful from the Apple in his search to stave off death.

Here, I'll quote the Codex page:

And so I have begun to wonder - might there not be a way to stop - or at least delay - death's embrace?

Surely the ones who came before were not so frail and feeble as we. But I have sworn to be done with the artifact. To not gaze into its core.

Still: faced as I am with the prospect of my end, what harm is there in one last look...

Nothing in that page screams at me that Altair became immortal. Nothing in that page screams that he actually did look into the Apple one more time.
---

User Info: kylekillgannon

kylekillgannon
10 years ago#7
I'm glad mine and other's thoughts are contagious. Yes, you can say nothing screams that he did, except for the fact that he brought us to believe he wanted to, and there's no other evidence that he failed to do it. And we can also assume he learned of something because of the Apple's extensive amounts of data. Not limited to Tanks and Calculators perhaps?

We can assume that he made it to the Apple because he said he wished to, and nothing says he didn't. We can assume he looked into the Apple, because nothing says he died. He lived a long time ago, but perhaps he never died.

Did you think the idea was preposterous of some advanced race ruling over humanity as slaves before Assassin's Creed II?
I DIE SO THAT DEMOCRACY MAY LIVE ON

bobbyrk
10 years ago#8
No, I didn't. Because the first game tells you that the Pieces of Eden were leftovers from some ancient culture. What kind of culture, they didn't say. Just "Those Who Came Before."

And I'm sorry if I play the pessimist here, because I see nothing that we can assume from that Codex page. I don't need to repeat my thoughts, they're right there in my previous post.

Face the facts, the Codex page was utterly ambiguous.
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.

User Info: kylekillgannon

kylekillgannon
10 years ago#9
Ambiguity is the entire basis of why this is a possibility, because we don't know what it is and isn't.
I DIE SO THAT DEMOCRACY MAY LIVE ON

bobbyrk
10 years ago#10
Possibility? I'll give you that one. But still highly unlikely that such a thing is actually going to happen. There's no supporting evidence for any sort of life extension via the Pieces of Eden. Hell, if the people who made the Pieces of Eden couldn't extend their own lives with them, I see no reason why a human would be able to.
Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed II
  3. Battle of Forli Ending (spoilers obv)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A