• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Link
  3. Unlocking Characters

User Info: VirusMonster

VirusMonster
9 years ago#21
Unlock .hack//XXXX Scenario: Beat the game (Requires 2 Points to open scenario)*
Unlock .hack//Trilogy Scenario: Beat the game

Cubia: Beat the game and complete the .hack//XXXX scenario.
Haseo B-st: Beat the game and complete the .hack//Trilogy scenario.
Kite (Sora): Beat the game and complete the .hack//2024 timeline scenario (Requires passwords to unlock the last two parts)**

Passwords are located here:
http://www21.atwiki.jp/hacklink/pages/36.html

*These points are gained by completing the optional parts of the .hack// timeline, since you need these points to continue the main part of the story as well
**Passwords are obtain by going to the E-Mail section, selecting the second option to edit your LINK CARD and the third option to scan the timeline to unlock the passwords (the more you complete the timeline the more passwords are gained)
"Behold the power of... the Nazo Virus..."

User Info: sirus1610

sirus1610
9 years ago#22
Anyone knows how to unlock Alkaid? I think she is the red-haired Twin Blader...
YouTube Account ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/IAmRauizu
Uses Noel and Tager in both Blazblue CT and CS.

User Info: SeraLoli

SeraLoli
9 years ago#23
You have to finish the second chapter .hack//Alcor.
This is my signature. You do not love him?

VirusMonster
9 years ago#24
Azure Flame Kite: Beat the game and complete .hack//LINK chapter 18.

Unlock .hack//fragment scenario: Beat the game and complete the .hack//XXXX scenario.

VirusMonster
9 years ago#25
Passwords to unlock the rest of the 2024 timeline.

Look for the "unknown02" & "unknown03" words from here:
http://www21.atwiki.jp/hacklink/pages/36.html

Enter the passwords on your Link Card to unlock the rest of the scenario.

To obtain these passwords, go to the fourth option in the Edit Link Card menu to scan for new passwords.

You unlock Kite (Sora) by entering Chapter 2. The bonus chapters, 2024, are only view-able events so you don't have to do anything else.

VirusMonster
9 years ago#26
Ovan: Beat the game and complete Link Play on Easy Mode
Zelkova: Beat the game and complete Link Play on Normal Mode
Helba: Beat the game and complete Link Play on Hard Mode

After beating the game and completing Link Play you should get an e-mail that unlocks one of the diamond dots under the .hack//LINK timeline, which is just a message confirming that you unlock this character, and the going to R:X Root Town to get the character.

If you don't not get the e-mail upon entering the Grand Whale from loading your save data, just enter another room or leave the Grand Whale by using the Records then return back to the Grand Whale's main room to receive the e-mail.

I'm also trying to figure out how to unlock the rest of the diamond dots in the .hack timeline that are above the LINK timeline and the single diamond dot near SIGN and IMOQ (I believe), which I think requires you to unlock all characters (excluding Kite (Sora)) but I haven't confirmed it yet.

User Info: kishi809

kishi809
9 years ago#27
I beat the game but I still didn't unlock any mission for Trilogy... any clues?

VirusMonster
9 years ago#28
My only guess is that you have to clear a certain Side-Quest to unlock the .hack//Trilogy mission.

I suggest you complete all of the .hack//Roots and .hack//GU segments to see if you unlock it.

.hack//X'Over timeline scenario

This is a very interesting Side-Story venture of the .hack//LINK game, the diamond dots that are above the .hack//LINK timeline, and the way to unlock this timeline is by increase both of the required characters' Confidence Level to a minimum of 4 Hearts. I stumbled upon this while Virus Core farming with Kite.

After Kite reached 4 Hearts I received another e-mail from him after clearing the dungeon which unlock one of these dots. I was curious why I got this e-mail, and notice the Haseo's name in the e-mail as well, and look at Haseo's stats which had 4 Hearts already as Kite just got to 4 Hearts. I believe this is what unlock this segment and with the little information I have about the Cross Overs this is what you need to do:

Unlock .hack//X' Overs Chapter ?: Get both Tsukasa and Alberio's Confidence Level to 4 Hearts.
Unlock .hack//X' Overs Chapter ?: Get both Subaru and Alkaid's Confidence Level to 4 Hearts.
Unlock .hack//X' Overs Chapter 7: Get both Kite and Haseo's Confidence Level to 4 Hearts.

I'll try to see what these I can unlock. I believe this is the only timeline in the game that requires characters' Confidence Level, and beating the game, to unlock these special Side-Stories. Once I get all the information I need I'll post a guide on how to unlock these to help newcomers and some currently players looking to unlock everything.

User Info: skylark1405

skylark1405
9 years ago#29
mostly doesn't need both characters. i have unlocked one crossover with adori and gingan? (i don't know if i spelled that right, that mage that looks like shino from GU and another knight with a helmet and he worships subaru from .hack//sign?), i unlocked it with only adori with her requirement of the confidence point, the other side doesn't reach that requirement
and i have two more crossovers with haseo, blackrose and that mage in the .hack game too (i forgot her name), seems doesn't need to meet that requirements with both chars also. after you're finished with haseo and blackrose, then the second one will be unlocked itself (i didn't remember if you need chrono chips, i think it does)
another one with bon (i don't know if i spelled it right again, it's the twin mage who is using the same PC with his elder sister at GU) and tsukasa
and then shino and tsukasa, the one from .hack//link (the leader of that hacker group) with kite
and not 4, i think it's 5 (because i maxed kite's, but i didn't do so at the other side and that's 4 too), you have to max the confident point for a certain character, doesn't need both of them. (the one i have with kite and haseo are 5, both of them, and the one with subaru seems need 5, because i didn't max the other side)

User Info: Tule17

Tule17
9 years ago#30
What am I reading?!

Yea, you don't need both characters. I'm not looking at my game right now, so it might be mission 6 or mission 8, but I'm pretty sure it was mission 7. Anyways, on mission 7 I unlocked it when Haseo was only heart lvl 2.
  1. Boards
  2. .hack//Link
  3. Unlocking Characters
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A