• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
  3. Just checking, but this game isn't DSi enhanced (aka region locked), correct?

User Info: Asemu_Asuno

Asemu_Asuno
7 years ago#1
Recently I've found myself finally wanting to pick this game up, but alas it's all but impossible to get a new copy locally (Australia), and the only copy at the local EB Games is an "eew preowned without even a proper box" copy, thus I've turned to importing form the US.

But since some games are region locked, I just need to check this isn't enhanced for the DSi and thus region locked. Cheers.

User Info: Garioshi

Garioshi
7 years ago#2
Not as far as I know, the only DS games that are region locked are 3DS ones and ones that can use DSi features.
People are way too overzealous about Tales of Symphonia

User Info: silverwing525

silverwing525
7 years ago#3
Garioshi posted...
Not as far as I know, the only DS games that are region locked are 3DS ones and ones that can use DSi features.

As far as I know this is correct. This game doesn't appear to use any of the DSi exclusive functions.
Let the Silver Light of Justice fill the world!

User Info: BAMX

BAMX
7 years ago#4
Definitely not DSi-enhanced.

Although this won't help you if you don't actually have the game, there is an easy way to tell if a game is DSi-enhanced or not: look at the letters on the bottom of the label on the cartridge. If it begins in "TWL", it's DSi-enhanced. If it begins in "NTR", it isn't.

EDIT: Or you can just check the "Product ID" on this page, apparently:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/955859-pokemon-mystery-dungeon-explorers-of-sky/data
Contrary to popular belief, I do, in fact, exist.

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
7 years ago#5
I'm pretty sure DSi games are not region locked when played on regular DS consoles (Phat and Lite) so you could do that if you wanted to.

DSi console to DSi game is the only situation that results in a region lock, for reference. The DSi can still play imported DS games.

That said and done, no, this game is not DSi enhanced.
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia

User Info: Asemu_Asuno

Asemu_Asuno
7 years ago#6
Perfect, thanks for the help everyone. I'll import a copy without fear. And thanks for the info about the ID code, I'll check that in future.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
  3. Just checking, but this game isn't DSi enhanced (aka region locked), correct?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A