• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
6 years ago#11
Before this topic gets locked, seeing as we are car aficionados, are you guys into any real life racing? Like NASCAR, Formula 1, WRC, Touring Car? I'm curious because I've grown interested in NASCAR in the last year and went to two of the races at Daytona. Was wondering if you watch some of the races on TV or have actually been to one.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
www.phantomfullforce.com/

User Info: isamu

isamu
6 years ago#12
I watched the entire Formula One season last year but only watched a couple this year. Don't really enjoy watching real life racing to be honest. Would rather be playing racing games ;)

However, there are A LOT of real life racing discussions that go on over at the iRacing forums. Everything from Danica Patrick to Kyle Bush to Lewis Hamilton...it's all being talked about there.

Eric you still haven't signed up for iracing yet dude? You're missing out. You and that game go hand in hand. I believe they're still running that 6 months for the price of one deal. You get a bunch of free content with it, plus, the new build is coming out next weak which brings the Lotus 49, and the ability to allow your online friends to be your spotter and crew chief in live races!!! It's freakin' nuts!
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric43
6 years ago#13
Hey isamu, I want to try iRacing but I don't have a lot of time. I'm a game designer, I'm making the games, not playing them, ha... But do you have a good steering wheel I could buy? What do you recommend?

By the way, Danica Patrick is racing the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing car tomorrow at the Texas Nationwide race. Check it out.

isamu
6 years ago#14
Try the logitech Driving Force GT man. Cheap and is a FANTASTIC starter wheel! They got one new for around $100

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-Driving-Force-Racing-3/dp/B0015HYPOO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351891094&sr=8-1&keywords=Driving+Force+GT]DFGT Link[/url]

User Info: model3

model3
6 years ago#15
anarchy reigns soon!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

Eric43
6 years ago#16
Danica Patrick in 14th place in the Sega Sonic car. Just sayin'

isamu
6 years ago#17
Eric just a heads up bro.

This offer will.... **END TOMORROW**....

http://www.iracing.com/half-off/

Eric43
6 years ago#18
Okay, you convinced me to buy a $6 1-month membership. Let me take the game out for a spin. Thanks for the heads up :)

isamu
6 years ago#19
Eric43 posted...
Okay, you convinced me to buy a $6 1-month membership. Let me take the game out for a spin. Thanks for the heads up :)

Awesome man glad you took the plunge. Quite a few things to digest at first, but the thing you should do first read the sporting code. Answers 99.99% of all new members' questions.

Eric43
6 years ago#20
Look isamu, I painted some cars!!!! Guess I gotta buy the wheel now.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/eric43/iracing_cars_dale_jr_would_be_proud.png
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Outrunmodel312/6 1:28PM