• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Team VVV's crack at the 15 Stage route

User Info: isamu

isamu
7 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKsNfLAIDDU

Certainly far from the best driver in the world, but I enjoyed the video nonetheless. Couldn't manage 14:30 but I give him an A for effort :p I haven't seen SP's stages in AGES! Whenever I play the game I always start off running the original Stages, telling myself I'll do the SP ones when I'm done with the originals, but never get around to driving them LOL.

This guy's videos are pretty enjoyable and he plays a LOT of racing games.

VR do you know him?
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#2
I don't know him personally...

Bit of a online gaming reporter as I remember that voice having an early run on WRC2 for xbox360. Needs to pull his finger out of a certain hole type of reporter as this is a cracking display of how not to play OutRun. Yes it can be annoying when people have no idea what they are talking about and that was exactly what I found watching him going on about WRC2. ;-)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#3
I almost always listen to things like this with the volume muted, but I've enjoyed his videos over the years (Maybe I'd feel different if I tried listening to him sometime). At least he usually has some basic knowledge about the mechanics involved in how to control a racing game when you see him behind the wheel of something like Codemaster's F1 games.

Go to a mainstream media outlet dedicated to gaming and pull up some videos of various racers and you'd quickly wonder if they even know there's a brake button. At least you can watch this guy's videos without cringing every few seconds at just how horrible of a job the person is doing.

He has at least a basic competency level when playing a racing game. In the internet world, that automatically puts his videos above 99% of the others out there all the way from media "professionals" at popular gaming sites to the 10 year old kids that just got a digital camera and are spamming YouTube with horrible videos showing off their skills behind the wheel (Or their lack of skill, I should say).

Certainly far from a perfect run and there's a lot of potential time to be had, but he's not making himself look foolish either. It's a decent run that is better than what most could do. I suspect if I fired up Outrun Online Arcade right now and checked the leaderboard, he's well into respectable territory on the time charts with things like this run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmA5AfRTFY&feature=relmfu
(message deleted)

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#5
Leo,

What are you going on about? He is just like any other gaming video you might see or site you read that's not really putting the interest of the developer first but more his own and there are 1000's out there doing the same. When something is not this and that and a big maybe if we wait and see, yet quick enough to praise looks over game play or the complete reverse then hell this has just wasted 10 minutes of my life just like the rest of them.

I look at what interest me and if it doesn't hit the spot then I move on and forget. Simple.

Sorry but I play games, not watch other people do it for me...

You may of tuned in for a year or so and good for you, I haven't and only watched one thing. That's the difference and sadly it was not what I was looking for. I'm not about to following anything else up because you recommend him or anyone else. I don't just watch gaming video's to entertain my self and tune in. I don't subscribe to any one and can't understand why they do me when I only have a couple of average videos...
Sorry if I don't fit in.
XBL Gamertag: F40

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#6
Your question to me is exactly what I'm about to ask you. What are you going on about?

It really isn't a big deal. You criticized him while I provided a dissenting opinion because I think he's a halfway decent source if you want to look up footage of a new game to make some judgement call on things like physics and AI in a racing game since he isn't incapable of making it around a track (i.e., he doesn't think the brakes are something superfluous that don't have to be there, lol). It doesn't go any deeper than that.

Not sure what your rant is about, but it seems like you think I'm the guy's publicist or something. But I was just engaging in some friendly conversation with no motives beyond that. Feel free to never look up another video of his. It's quite possible I never will either since I don't think I've even been in the guy's channel until yesterday since WRC and F1 2010 were new a couple of years ago. Was hardly out to convince you that you were wrong and to talk you into subscribing to his channel.

Sorry if something I said inadvertently rubbed you the wrong way when I gave my own opinion on the quality of the videos from the subject of the thread. Back on good terms now that I provided an explanation of just exactly what I meant? This isn't something either one of us gives two cents about so it seems pointless for either one of us to get even midly annoyed by the conversation.

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
7 years ago#7
I don't see any problems with this--it's nice to know people are still dedicated to the game in some way...
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

User Info: VVV_Mars_VG

VVV_Mars_VG
7 years ago#8
VirtuaRacing posted...
I don't know him personally...

Bit of a online gaming reporter as I remember that voice having an early run on WRC2 for xbox360. Needs to pull his finger out of a certain hole type of reporter as this is a cracking display of how not to play OutRun. Yes it can be annoying when people have no idea what they are talking about and that was exactly what I found watching him going on about WRC2. ;-)

I think you've missed the point of my video there. I'm not pretending to be the best in the world, but with some spare time I thought it was nice to bring some attention to the title. I don't have the time to practice every element but if you have some skills I'd love to see you do it properly.

As for WRC2? Wasn't really my bag and the wheel support was pretty poor to say the least.
(message deleted)

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#10
I don't think anyone else reading this thread would come to that conclusion.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Team VVV's crack at the 15 Stage route
  • Topic Archived