• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Wow, so that's what I get for being a late adopter...

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#11
everything VR said is spot on! just one minor thing to note:

the improvements to scud & day2 tracks can only be found on the Outrun2 xbox Japanese release. (as they weren't included in outrun2sp ps2 jpn.)

cheers!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#12
Haha! Why I had Scud & Daytona 2 tracks on the brain from OutRun2 JPN I'll never know. It's either the tablets or AGE, bit of both I bet. No one else could of made this mistake... My bad. ;-)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: Noobsaibot_21

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#13

Outrun 2006 can be had for £12.99 on amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outrun-2006-Coast-Xbox/dp/B000E83SRU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332801809&sr=8-3

If you have softmodded your old Xbox, I can assist there and with the premium port of Outrun 2. If you have a "special" PS2, I can help you "find" the jPS2 Outrun 2SP. All of these games are long out of print and are difficult to find (even on eBay).

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#14
Nice find on the price Noobs. Can't believe a big online store has a NEW copy wow! :)

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
7 years ago#15
Noobsaibot_21 posted...
Outrun 2006 can be had for £12.99 on amazon here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Outrun-2006-Coast-Xbox/dp/B000E83SRU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1332801809&sr=8-3 If you have softmodded your old Xbox, I can assist there and with the premium port of Outrun 2. If you have a "special" PS2, I can help you "find" the jPS2 Outrun 2SP. All of these games are long out of print and are difficult to find (even on eBay).

After the shipping, I think that equals out to being just under $24, which is the same I paid for the "very good" complete copy I got off the U.S. Amazon.com marketplace.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#16
VirtuaRacing posted...
PS2 OutRun2006 does the job it set out to do perfectly... About 3 of the end stage animations made it in to this version as you cross the line which is a PS2 plus - things like the Space Shuttle taking off...

The shuttle launch isn't present on Outrun 2006 on the PS2 for me. Was just playing it a couple of days ago to confirm a PS2 I bought was in working order before storing it away (The days of being able to buy a new PS2 at retailers is just about finished so I wanted to get one now for a spare).

I've played most every home version of the Outrun 2 family (Only missing the modified Japanese Xbox release of Outrun 2 with the bonus track enhancements and the PS3 release of OOA) and can recall having only seen the shuttle launch in two of those releases. The Japanese PS2 release titled Outrun 2 SP and the Xbox 360 release of Outrun Online Arcade (I presume the shuttle launch is also present on the PS3 release).

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#17
Up until recently I was never wrong lol, but today I'm on loads of tablets and things - proper messing with my head and my memory is bad for even every day things.

Today I will get some things mixed up maybe... Like you I covered the same amount of OutRun ports and even the PC version. Had a good long look at Noobsaibots OutRun vids for the JPN releases many times and as the years fly past I can't remember it all now for lack of playing, along with the tablets.

That's why, my bad.

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#18
if you are looking for 'all of the end of race animations' , notably on the SP tracks, you have to play the Outrun2:SP PS2 japanese version.
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Wow, so that's what I get for being a late adopter...
  • Topic Archived