• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. New Test Drive: Ferrari preview

User Info: isamu

isamu
7 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBTTfw_NdBU&feature=digest_sat

I have to say, this game is tempting considering they'll allow you to drive virtually EVERY Ferrari ever made on not only modern tracks, but some old historic ones as well. Old school Hockenheim? Old Monza? Old Hathurst? Old Monaco? Wow...pretty neat.

VR mate, what do you think? As a Ferrari head, you gonna pick this up for 360?
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#2
With out looking there is already a good chance I will pick it up simply because it's made by the same team of SHIFT and I know you like that too! :)

SHIFT is about the best thing to happen this gen for racing track games. Forza can go to hell - I am still blown away even 10 years on by Sega GT Online for XBOX1. The motion, animation of the pure look & weight of the cars in Sega GT Online has not been matched by anything else since! A car is something you appreciate and only Sega GT has ever captured this very essence out of all the Grand Touring car collecting titles ever made!!

If SHIFT is worthy of my attention then TD Ferrari could be too. Lets go see this preview. :)

Yeah with-in the 1st minute I like what I see. :)

At the break - I am sold. :)

They say not going to be hardcaore Sim racer - Turn all the assists off you NOOBS and up the difficulty! :-P

Yeah cheers isamu. It's been a long wait for something as good as Shift 2 to come along. Real life Racing title of 2012 for sure. :)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
7 years ago#3
Shift 2, made by EA. Yeah, if Forza just had the "bouncy" physics of many other racers it would be much more awesome. And throw in Hockenheim, Monza, Monaco, etc. but no, Turn 10 sucks, lol.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

User Info: HeyPeterMan

HeyPeterMan
7 years ago#4
I bet if they slapped a Sega GT 2012 sticker on Forza 3 or 4, it would be hailed as the 'greatest most realistic racing game of all time' LOL
"Were here for a good time, not a long time." Colin McRae

Eric43
7 years ago#5
You can create a Sega GT decal in the Forza Marketplace :S

HeyPeterMan
7 years ago#6
Yeah, Shift 2 just nails that 'intensity on the track' feeling. I think the actual racing is better and the physics are not as bad as people say, they just got used to Forza's easy style physics. That being said, no racing game can compete with Forza's community, user created content, tuning and it is the most competitive racing game on consoles.

Eric43
7 years ago#7
I'd try Shift but I don't want to give my money to EA :o

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#8
Eric, if you can pick Shift up second hand maybe for anything less than £20 EA get nothing I'm sure as the original owner would of done the dirty. :)

I share your views of EA, Shift was made in the UK so EA were only the publisher as it were...
XBL Gamertag: F40

HeyPeterMan
7 years ago#9
Yeah, check out Shift 2 if you can find it really cheap somewhere. Just be ready to put in a little practice. Don't worry about EA, they were the publishers, it was done by Slightly Mad, who really deserve some praise for the game. I really don't like EA too much either, but when they do publish a good game, I don't feel bad about buying it.

User Info: Noobsaibot_21

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#10

I wouldn't but it preowned if you have to get an online pass and create an EA account. Only for EA to kill online support within the next 18 months.

1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. New Test Drive: Ferrari preview
  • Topic Archived