• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition

User Info: Ikaruga_DC

Ikaruga_DC
7 years ago#91
SOR 2 the main problem is its just too damn quiet.

I can give backbone good credit for gunstar heroes, altered beast, shinobi arcade ports which are fine and im really happy with.

I love playing super hang on with the DOT by DOT resolution and playing the sit down version as you can really tear it up down the road. True it is the easier version though.
YOU CANT BE SATISFIED WITHOUT IT - SEGA MODEL 2

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#92
I'll mostly be playing this on my LCD HDTV, so like you it also won't be much of a problem (I wish I could fit a nice 16:9 Trinitron or the equivalent in here, my 26" 4:3 Trinitron for classic gaming was just about the limit for my Impala, a few spots in my house it would have to travel through, and my muscles).

But there's still something sad about seeing true support for 4:3 televisions going to the wayside. Wouldn't shock me with the Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 if everything will be letterboxed for 4:3 television owners from the get go like this release with nothing being able to be full screen 4:3 beyond perhaps DVD playback (Still too many sets out there not to support 4:3 SD/HD in some fashion though).

VirtuaRacing posted...
That Raster Line you see on Revenge of Shinobi is a genuine feature of the Megadrive it's self and yes would of been out of view on NTSC 60hz machines & Screens.

Glad to hear it's a quirk with the original game and hardware that is causing that. I don't mind things like this if it's accurate (And resist attempts to fix such things after the fact like trying to hide HMOVE lines which are those little lines you'd see on the left side of the screen on many Atari 2600 games on compilations).

It's all about accuracy in rereleases of classic content like this in my opinion.

VirtuaRacing posted...
All we need now is for SHO to be release of disc. It's too good to be just palmed off as an XBLA title. I would of paid 1200msp just for SHO alone!

Indeed

I hope they decide to release some of these treasures on XBLA compilation disc in the future like they did with their first wave of Dreamcast ports. Would be ashame if things like this release, Daytona USA, Sega Rally Online Arcade, Afterburner Climax, and several others are left relegated to people's hard drives.

It's too late for Outrun Online Arcade sadly, but they still have an amazing XBLA catalog of classic and modern content that would make for an excellent release. So I hope they jump on that bandwagon someday like companies like Namco, Capcom, and Konami have done in the past.

User Info: model3

model3
6 years ago#93
supermodel!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

Ikaruga_DC
6 years ago#94
At the moment supermodel is not a good platform to play these model 3 games.

All kinds of controller issues and you need a pc that costs grands to run it. It just doesnt seem fun for the trouble its all worth.

If they can release that dynamic compiler version it should get better.

model3
6 years ago#95
i love supermodel, its a dream come true and will only get better with time! graphics look amazing on my laptop!

Ikaruga_DC
6 years ago#96
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcPKS4XxZNQ

Holy #### the daytona hornet on ridge racer vita with music by the same guy from daytona....... DLC of course

Still 30fps hornet is the bummer.

model3
6 years ago#97
wow, mind blown!! daytona usa DLC for RRVita insane!!! totally makes my vita and RR worth it now!! haha

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
6 years ago#98
Look guys, it's Daytona USA 3!!!!! Basically...just pretend it's Daytona 1 with different physics and tracks.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

User Info: ShiggsThe3RDMiX

ShiggsThe3RDMiX
6 years ago#99
LMFAO!! That's hilarious!
We're meeting G over there...
Thanks, G!

User Info: Noobsaibot_21

Noobsaibot_21
6 years ago#100
Does this look familiar? ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69SosCBkbw

At 79 cent (About 99 US cents or about 60p) it might be worth a punt. It does look fairly slick Pretty unashamed rip off - Nice F40 though ;-P
King....... Of the kingdom of "Other Europe"
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition
  • Topic Archived