• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#31
Might be hard to believe but I don't even notice it when I'm playing. :-P

Scores extra points for having the best sound track of them all.
And a couple more for having been touched by the hand of Yu Suzuki.

This was where it all started, before this it was Virtua Racing on a 32X, no contest. But come January 1996 the world would be playing Sega Rally on a Saturn. Good times. :)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: turkforever6

turkforever6
7 years ago#32
wow really late to the party. i basically love yu suzuki racers (am2) and some other good arcade racers like ace driver (2nd one), RR series from namco was horrible but ace driver was ace imo. been playing these games since release in arcades, was lucky (fast) enough to get outrun arcade on psn, also got daytona usa. i hope sega releases scud race (2nd favo arcade racer) and especially daytona usa 2 (favo arcade racer ever) for online. im planning on getting the emu since you guys mentioned it runs almost perfect now. shame sega rally 1 doesnt get any love though (or is it already on emu working).

i think what sega needs to do is let yu suzuki make an arcade racer featuring modern and old racing cars with customization, tuning etc with lots of track and scenery, also arcade controls ala daytona usa 2. there are no good arcade racers on any next gen console, american games suck (ea can eat a dick, nfs znd burnout suck) and namco still cant deliver (RR cars float). looking at the graphics they pulled of on model 3 (these games looked beautiful in the arcades), they would look and play perfect. as long as theres enough content on it (track + cars) along with great handling, graphics, sound and music it would be worth a $40,- price tag.

User Info: rjay63

rjay63
7 years ago#33
I played Yu Suzuki's final racer for Sega - the Race TV coin-op - and have to conclude it's one of his worst. The game feels so slow and victories are decided by the infinite boost section that happens on the last lap. The game is colourful and has character but it's let down by the poor physics and plodding gameplay. I would love to see the Race TV courses in other Sega games though but as it is, it makes Namco's Dead Heat Street racer look good.........and that's saying something!

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#34
yes sega race tv, huge letdown.
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#35
Dear F4O,

Your video "OutRun2 XBOX Goal E TA: 4'13"928", may have content that is owned or licensed by IODA, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notices page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Yours sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

/end

How slow?? Yes I only used Tangerine Dream's Street Hawk theme tune of which I own the original CD Le Parc. Whats more annoying is this is the only version I have left of my 4:13 OutRun2 Goal E as the harddrive died on my DVDR. It starts with OutRun2 in-game sound anyway before the tune kicks in lol. I never left any evidence of what the tune was but yeah it's only taken them 2 years to catch up with me... sad.

Even more sad is that I have Street Hawk the complete TV Series on DVD and man it felt like forever waiting for that to come out and I never thought it would. I have paid my dues. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-addqiWH0w

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
7 years ago#36
turkforever6 posted...
wow really late to the party. i basically love yu suzuki racers (am2) and some other good arcade racers like ace driver (2nd one), RR series from namco was horrible but ace driver was ace imo. been playing these games since release in arcades, was lucky (fast) enough to get outrun arcade on psn, also got daytona usa. i hope sega releases scud race (2nd favo arcade racer) and especially daytona usa 2 (favo arcade racer ever) for online. im planning on getting the emu since you guys mentioned it runs almost perfect now. shame sega rally 1 doesnt get any love though (or is it already on emu working).

i think what sega needs to do is let yu suzuki make an arcade racer featuring modern and old racing cars with customization, tuning etc with lots of track and scenery, also arcade controls ala daytona usa 2. there are no good arcade racers on any next gen console, american games suck (ea can eat a dick, nfs znd burnout suck) and namco still cant deliver (RR cars float). looking at the graphics they pulled of on model 3 (these games looked beautiful in the arcades), they would look and play perfect. as long as theres enough content on it (track + cars) along with great handling, graphics, sound and music it would be worth a $40,- price tag.

This is probably one of my Top 10 favorite posts ever in the history of GameFAQs.

rjay63 posted...
I played Yu Suzuki's final racer for Sega - the Race TV coin-op - and have to conclude it's one of his worst. The game feels so slow and victories are decided by the infinite boost section that happens on the last lap. The game is colourful and has character but it's let down by the poor physics and plodding gameplay. I would love to see the Race TV courses in other Sega games though but as it is, it makes Namco's Dead Heat Street racer look good.........and that's saying something!

I played Sega Race TV a couple of times. Game just looked silly and the gameplay was too simple. Track layouts were not challenging. The fat American guy weirded me out more than anything.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
7 years ago#37
VirtuaRacing posted...
Dear F4O,

Your video "OutRun2 XBOX Goal E TA: 4'13"928", may have content that is owned or licensed by IODA, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notices page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Yours sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

/end

How slow?? Yes I only used Tangerine Dream's Street Hawk theme tune of which I own the original CD Le Parc. Whats more annoying is this is the only version I have left of my 4:13 OutRun2 Goal E as the harddrive died on my DVDR. It starts with OutRun2 in-game sound anyway before the tune kicks in lol. I never left any evidence of what the tune was but yeah it's only taken them 2 years to catch up with me... sad.

Even more sad is that I have Street Hawk the complete TV Series on DVD and man it felt like forever waiting for that to come out and I never thought it would. I have paid my dues. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-addqiWH0w

YouTube will now pick up on licensed music in your vids and place credits at the bottom but it's no big deal. Be thankful they didn't mute the audio or even worse, just outright delete the video for copyright infringement.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#38
Odd what they catch. I've had videos up for years on YouTube of various music groups from the 60s performing songs on shows like ShinDig and they've never touched any of them despite many of them racking up several hundred thousand hits. And I had a couple of highlight videos of online races in NASCAR Racing 2003 set to music.

Guess which ones I've had deleted or muted on me over the years?

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#39
Leo,

Let me guess. You did your country a service and are now being paid for them so none have been touched? =)

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#40
I see Ridge Racer Unbound for sale this week in the UK. Thought it might of released in the US yesterday?? Not followed this one up, was just wondering if anyone picks it up or gets a chance to see it...
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition
  • Topic Archived