• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#1
after 471 posts, the legend will never die!
The soul still burns.....for model3.
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

User Info: isamu

isamu
7 years ago#2
The soul is only as good as the flame which it burns from. Daytona 2 and ScudRace are the candles and we are the flame!!!! All other crappy wannabe arcade racing games are the candle's wax!!
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#3
yep, supermodel for the win. and m2emu. = )
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#4
I was going to say, "happy valentines day you two" but then I changed my mind. :)

I think it's about time we were treated with a V.R game. I have been busy playing all 3 home versions of this these last couple of nights and now I have the new found love for it all over again and for not playing for a good while it's telling me something very different.

V.R is a style of game that needs to come back, the look of. It's so clean, colourful and just total eye candy to look at that I don't believe the game has aged a single bit! Not even it's game play as aged as it's so solid and buy the time you look at the Arcade Machine it's nothing but a solid racer running at 60fps in your face proper Sega melt style in front of the screen feeling.

Nothing else will do because Virtua Figters or even Star Wars arcade as they once were could not make a come back in the same way as V.R

V.R is a racer and it looks the part, always did and a whole lot more could be done with it right now. They could spend much of the Dev time knocking up a 100 tracks and I would go one step more by adding a track editor so you could create your own! We could bring Daytona USA tracks back to life, Scud Race and even Daytona USA 2 in V.R style. Much like doing paint jobs in Forza, we could build tracks to then share them with friends or even online it gives everyone a copy so you can all race on it.

How about a simple store where you could upload your best top 10 tracks you've created for sharing.

Plus the game just begs online multi-player for the first time which I believe would be a good laugh.

There you go people. I don't believe V.R has aged a bit, or rather has got better with time. I mean it would not look out of place today with everything almost looking the same but always missing that important thing called: Game Play.

If it's ok for REZ to have another crack then why not V.R? Almost the same type of thing. ;-)
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: Eric43

Eric43
7 years ago#5
It's the fans that are keeping Model3 games alive...I'm very gracious for all of you.

You know, F40, you make a good point. One of the things that would vastly improve old Sega racers would be more content in the form of tracks & cars (though the latter is probably out of reach). People have been hacking existing games (racing games included) and adding custom levels/tracks. Super Mario for NES/SNES has been hacked, Goldeneye has been hacked, Super Mario 64 has been hacked, Ocarina of Time now has FOUR-PLAYER CO-OP (http://youtu.be/OsUQQI0ZBQQ), and even the very-recent Mario Kart Wii has custom tracks too (http://youtu.be/NqVVJoad5wQ). Not to mention the copious amount of character models extracted from said games for stuff like Garry's Mod.

Custom stuff is a possibility but it's not like Virtua Racing or Daytona 1 are that popular. It took until 2011 for model3 to get emulated. That's just my thoughts.
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
http://phantomfullforce.blogspot.com/

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#6
Yeah, I was talking to Rjay behind the scenes about the true history of Sega and why Dreamcast is no more...

Problem with Sega is that they never gave us what we wanted and this is the quick version.

Sega were always 5-8 years behind with it's hardware for home gaming than it was for it's arcades.

Sorry noobsibot, but the Master System was a pile of crap because at the same time the PC Engine would have ports of OutRun, Shinobi & Afterburner that really looked the ticket and didn't play too bad either.
In Europe Amiga and Atari ST's were doing the rounds at the same time with Commodore 64 still going strong where sound and game play rather than graphics won the day with a price to match. Master System was dead before it was released.

MegaDrive out of the box should of been able to run OutRun 1986 arcade perfect, but no all we got was dumb versions of all the arcade hits and they milked Golden Axe so much that even then Sega had no idea what we really wanted. We wanted OutRun, Shinobi arcade perfect then and with a PCM sound chip too boot it would of walked all over Nintendo. You see by the time the SENS arrived arcade perfect ports were almost forgot about as 100's of new games of all types kept everyone busy. Along with the Amiga these were fun times!!

The Sega Saturn out of the box should of had an almost arcade perfect port of Daytona USA and this is what I'm getting at Eric. It's here the Saturn should of been much closer to what the Dreamcast was. If only Sega waited for Sony to release PSone, if only Sega had milked the Sega 32X it would of had time to place it's cards on the table.
As it was OutRun 1986 showed up on Saturn in 1996 and by now it was too late, 10 years too late, (take a few off for hardware limits for home play) - and even for me as a hardcore fan it was not enough.

By the time we get to Dreamcast it was a step in the right direction but we should of had Scud Race, but because the game was viewed as too old for the machine and Sega made this mistake on Sega Saturn handing over Virtua Racing to Time Wanner Interactive because that too was viewed as old - man we got hit hard.
Dreamcast's down fall was that the masses had now found the wonders of the digital age which was something we had been doing since the early 80's, the world was going digital and DVD which can with PS2 was the very thing that killed DC. :(

Anyways... Daytona USA 2011 would never exist if Sega gave us what we wanted all along. It would be a very different place if they never guessed what we wanted, but asked.

So yeah I'm thinking out loud when I'm wanting Virtua Racing to come back, but you know it too... if Sega only gave us was we wanted all along we would not be here now. Forever the wait, sometimes it's worth it but other times it's a royal pain. :(

Eric43
7 years ago#7
Good post. But Sega's arcade setups are always several years ahead of the competition that their home consoles couldn't keep up. I would kill for more racing game content though...

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#8
One small example of what Sega can do when they put their mind to it which I don't think has ever been repeated with such quality was Sega Rally on Sega Saturn. Not bad for a machine that had 3D bolted on at the last moment.

Sadly there are more arcade ports on Sega Saturn than there are on Dreamcast, potentially making the Saturn the greatest machine Sega ever made when you look at it that way...

But I will be fair, Sega let us down with Dreamcast and cut us off as if we didn't exist in the end. Maybe that might of been Microsoft's fault splashing the cash for a couple of exclusives on XBOX1... who knows.

We did well to get OutRun2, OutRun2006 and even Super Monkeyball ect... almost makes up for it, but still a good number of titles we want!! :)

Eric43
7 years ago#9
Bump, we're getting Jet Set Radio & Sonic/Sega Racing 2 so that's not bad. Where are you guys?

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#10
Yes I'm still here waiting for Scud Race and Daytona USA 2 to come home.

I know one person is on the Dark Side at the mo with his PS Vita, but not me. I might fire my Saturn up for a lash on OutRun or something.

Keep the faith. :)
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Scudrace/SuperGT & DaytonaUSA2:BattleOnTheEdge/PowerEdition
  • Topic Archived