• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Outrun 2 and friends

User Info: Noobsaibot_21

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#1

Does anyone fancy having a few games of Outrun 2, Outrun 2006, Forza, SEGA GT Online, Flatout, Toca, PGR2 and a variety of other games over Xlink Kai at some point in the near future? It's fairly easy to setup and it's free. Who's in?

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#2
elo noobs,

Not so long after xboxlive1 was pulled I took the RJ45 cable out of the back of the xbox as one of my routers died. As it happens the new one has two ports, PC & 360 and it's a bit out of reach. I could but it would be a royal pain. :(

Back in the day I used to plug my old USB router in to free up ethernet port lol.

I had no idea PGR2 had system link, well spotted. ;-)

Um... might be able to run it off my notebook on wireless tho...
XBL Gamertag: F40

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#3

I just run the Xlink kai via wireless and have the Xbox wired up. Most players are from latin America and play the likes of Halo 2 and PGR 2. Also the likes of Star Wars Battlefield II has system link :)

Go to http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/, click FAQ > General Questions > Qs 1.4 and there's a link to all known compatible games. It's fairly easy to get going once it's set up. Moto GP, Links 2004, Doom 3, Rallisport challenge 2. Even has PS2, offline PSP and even Gamecube online support. With Xlink Kai and SCHTHack for Phantasy Star online means who needs PS3 and 360 :)

Not something you'd simply jump into and expect to find a load of players but it's great for organizing a group of players for an offline game. Ironic that this came out before Xbox live and also plays Halo 1 online :P

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#4

Here's a quicker link: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games

Obviously, this will take a while for everyone to agree a time so that's why I say we only do this once or twice a year. I'd be up for Monday, Feb 12, 2012 from about 11 PM UK/Ireland time. This seems a reasonable time for US players too. Dunno about 2006 but OR2 has system link headset chat support (amusingly) so it will be exactly like Xbox Live. Predictably, my Xlink Kai tag is Noobsaibot21 :)

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#5
awesome! you know i've been wanting to try it out! outrun 2 and 2006!!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#6
Shame your always the night bird noobs. A Sunday afternoon would be better, & we'd have more time to mess about.

I've used it a good number of times before from OutRun to Doom3,(Co-op also works) & even Brothers in Arms - lag free gaming and yes the mic works! The mic works with a good number of system link games, even Starwars Battle field 1 & 2 and I used to play my son at these. :)

Don't forget. Any title that runs on 360 the system link will also work! In later years we'd still play Startwars Battle Front with me on xbox1 and nipper on 360! :-P

Back in the day we might of used XBL1 to get things rolling with mic's but today it's just as easy to log in on XBOX LiVE via 360's to make contact then go from there! Not the sort thing you think about but real time communication goes along way and helps making things run a lot smoother till everyone is set up.

Not that you can do it now, but yes you could be logged on XBL and still play over system link at the same time ALL on an xbox1. :-P

Noobsaibot_21
7 years ago#7

So is anyone interested in this?

And on a different note, the F40 will be released in DLC 2 on TDU2 along with a bunch of bikes and other bits & bobs. For 800 points, they can take a running jump though. I'd rather Eden fixed the game before fading into oblivion.

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#8
My stuff is never going to run away so it's always here regardless of when we get around to playing xbox1's via xbc. Need to grab my self an RJ45 cross over cable so I can wire it to my note book to make things easier my end tho. I do have one, but it's 15 meters long and a mess. :)

I guess it was too good to be true, the TUD2 DLC F40 and stuff was going to be FREE as they owe us BIG TIME for all the smuck ups. Was the only reason to play it again as the F40 in TDU1 was the car that made the game in the end as they did a nice job with it.

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#9
yes i still want to test out the outrun2006 on xbc.

life hasjust beent oo crazy lately.......
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
DaytonaUSA XBLA/PSN AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN L.A.Machineguns Wii
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. Outrun 2 and friends
  • Topic Archived