• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. And the world was forever changed on 9/25/11....Supermodel 0.2A is out!!!!!!!

User Info: isamu

isamu
7 years ago#1
*sigh*.....

It is finally here guys....it is finally here....!!!!!!!!

Supermodel 0.2A has been released as of today, and it now has sound and FULL WORKING FORCE FEEDBCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.supermodel3.com/index.html

and a new forum as well...

http://www.supermodel3.com/Forum/viewforum.php?f=3

I am at a lost for words right now. Simply unbelievable.

Anyone who doesn't try this isn't a Sega fan, period. Let's raise our glasses in celebration!!!!! Eric, Model 3.....WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR 2006: Coast2Coast city here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#2
As they say at the end of OutRun. Congratulations!!

But as for the Sega Fan comment, you can take that back. :-P
XBL Gamertag: F40

isamu
7 years ago#3
OK OK, I'll take it back lol. But VR, will you ever change your stance on emulation mate? You really don't know what you're missing.

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
7 years ago#4
It's not that I'm against it, just don't have the hardware. Crusty old PC that just about plays OutRun 2006. Never even looked at running Daytona USA, mainly I don't have the ingredients any way and I don't even think that it will run well when Virtua Racing via mame was a bit of a joke on my machine.

You enjoy tho, some other time for me.
XBL Gamertag: F40

User Info: Ikaruga_DC

Ikaruga_DC
7 years ago#5
Im the same. Not happy about emulation and will never be excited about this emulator.

Playing games in emulators is just not fun at all.

I will stick with dreamcast, xbox360 and xbox.
----------------------------------
Spirit of the Dreamcast!!!!

User Info: Ikaruga_DC

Ikaruga_DC
7 years ago#6
while the model 2 emulator for example is great and runs a few games at 100%. I dont take any pleasure in using it nor do I find it fun. Hard to explain.
----------------------------------
Spirit of the Dreamcast!!!!

User Info: ShiggsThe3RDMiX

ShiggsThe3RDMiX
7 years ago#7
Thanks for the info, isamu. I built a new PC, so I'll try it and let you know how it runs. Haven't touched an emulator in years, though! :P
We're meeting G over there...
Thanks, G!

User Info: model3

model3
7 years ago#8
yep!! the new update for supermodel is great! i played it last night. it isn't perfect by any means, but fun to have sound & x360 controller support now!
XBL & PSN: AM2Model3
AfterburnerClimax XBLA/PSN! L.A.Machineguns Wii! RazingStorm+DeadstormPirates PS3Move!

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
7 years ago#9
You need a nice wheel like a TSW or ECCI, Model 3. Sega arcade racers are best enjoyed with the proper equipment. :)

isamu
7 years ago#10
You need a nice wheel like a TSW or ECCI, Model 3. Sega arcade racers are best enjoyed with the proper equipment. :)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This man speaks the truth. I just spent the last 6 hours playing around and fiddling with this emu trying to get my controls and display settings dialed in. It was a right bugger at first, but now I have everything calibrated the way I want, except for my brake pedal which Supermodel is not recognizing for some oddball reason.

Anyway coming out of Daytona 2, I can say that this **** is BANANAS!!!! The way my steering wheel interprets the force feedback in Daytona 2 is MIND BOGGLING!!!!!!! It feels literally INDISTINGUISHABLE from the arcade cabinet! So strong yet so smooth. Each jolt, each sway, each bump, is like a sip of the finest wine. Pleasurable doesn't begin to describe it.

I've also finally got it running in 720p and applied trilinear filtering via CCC and the results look INSATIABLE!!!!! It's eye candy beyond words!! The Daytona 2 courses in OutRun 2 are a joke in comparison to the real thing!!!

My oh my....what have you done Bart? Daytona 2 and Scud Race in my house. This is too much!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. OutRun Online Arcade
  3. And the world was forever changed on 9/25/11....Supermodel 0.2A is out!!!!!!!
  • Topic Archived