• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. Square Enix Japan: Dragon Quest X coming overseas? "Of course."

User Info: MCantrell

MCantrell
7 years ago#1
http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/10/4510088/dragon-quest-10-producers-discuss-the-pc-port-and-eventual-us-release

http://kotaku.com/squares-considering-bringing-dragon-quest-x-to-the-sta-730059425

And no, when he says different play styles and sensibilities he does NOT mean there's a chance at all, ever, EVER, of DQX being retooled as a single player RPG for the overseas markets. So don't even bother suggesting it, it's a dumb suggestion.

User Info: arcaneja

arcaneja
7 years ago#2
What's most exciting to me, a veteran of Final Fantasy XI and XIV (legacy status, yo), is the bit about them wanting to have different servers for each region. It isn't a big deal, asking people to be bilingual to be able to keep the wheels running smoothly for a game, but when you have everybody playing on one server, there are at least 5 different languages going on (sometimes in the same party) and that's where I start to lose my ability to follow along.
~arc
What can you do when all the stars in the sky belong to you?

User Info: xaton23

xaton23
7 years ago#3
so hopes if they make it single player it be sort of like a drop in like borderlands 2 or somthing or least let single player based game let you choose you race. or let its online be free or somthing. cause i know if it becomes pay ot play in US it wont last.

User Info: ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght
7 years ago#4
xaton23 posted...
so hopes if they make it single player it be sort of like a drop in like borderlands 2 or somthing or least let single player based game let you choose you race. or let its online be free or somthing. cause i know if it becomes pay ot play in US it wont last.

Proof that it won't last if it goes Pay to Play please.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.

User Info: arcaneja

arcaneja
7 years ago#5
I won't play DQX if it is some kind of freemium or solo game in N/A.

One of the things I find charming is the fact that Dragon Quest simply doesn't appeal to everyone. That isn't even close to 1/100th of the draw of Dragon Quest for me, but denying that I like it would be a lie.

I will pay a subscription fee. For the rest of my life, as needed. Just give me a server where I'm not going to be treated like less than human for being from North America and I will be fine. (Thanks for the mountains of experience in that area, FFXI.)
~arc
What can you do when all the stars in the sky belong to you?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online
  3. Square Enix Japan: Dragon Quest X coming overseas? "Of course."
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A