• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Flourescent15

Flourescent15
7 years ago#1
Are there roles like Tank, Healer, DPS, etc?

Or is it kind of free except with the need for Healers?
"Who can know if the path we choose is right or wrong? I will fear no reproach." - Tactics Ogre: LUCT

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
7 years ago#2
The class's or jobs are mostly the same from previous DQ games. Yes there are tanks and dps and healers etc. From clips I've seen I've never really noticed a paladin or a warrior or another high hp class doing any kind of taunting. To me it just looks like a beat down. None of the other DQ games really had an official taunt maybe like a intervene but that's about it. Mostly whatever mobs target whoever gets hit, but it seems the tank would stand in front of the mob so it doesn't go after the others and constantly run into so that it slows down.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
7 years ago#3
In Dragon Quest 9 Warriors can learn a Whistle ability that makes monsters enraged and target them. Is this what you mean by a taunt?
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 2

User Info: Flourescent15

Flourescent15
7 years ago#4
Are the classes more balanced, or do some of the classes make others more obsolete?
"Who can know if the path we choose is right or wrong? I will fear no reproach." - Tactics Ogre: LUCT

User Info: ZarethKnyght

ZarethKnyght
7 years ago#5
DQIX Paladins also had the skill to take all damage for the party. But anything before that had no such thing as a "tank" role.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: Zareth - 4256 2465 9359
Student of Mewtwo, the true Badass of Pokemon.

User Info: Shadowlynk

Shadowlynk
7 years ago#6
Mostly whatever mobs target whoever gets hit, but it seems the tank would stand in front of the mob so it doesn't go after the others and constantly run into so that it slows down.

That's what I've seen from the couple of livestreams I've watched, too. For those who haven't seen it, there's a pushing animation that goes with it, and it looks like there's some sort of weight or strength buff that can be cast on the front line characters to make this easier, so it's the intended design. I can't decide if I think it's a good alternative to traditional MMO aggro management, but it's definitely entertaining to watch fights randomly devolve into a short shoving match. :)
Huzzah!: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Shadowlynk/Balrog.png
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A