• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. I would probably blow up to a $100 on this game over a few months if...

User Info: Xialoh

Xialoh
10 years ago#1
the things I buy weren't temporary. I've been -just about- to buy AP stuff for a couple weeks now, but then I think, it's only 30 days, and I go back to playing WoW because I dont want to make a new char, but I do want new clothes and a countersword now. When I play, I resort to renting, and I just wont get new clothes for a long time.

There any chance that S4 will ever let you buy permanent items? I really just can't bring myself to spend 20+ dollars just to get almost a full set of gear, and only for 30 days. It's just ridiculous.

Oh, and can someone tell me how those 80,000 pen bonus headphones work? it's 11.4k AP, but the pen bonus sounds..interesting? 80k PEN would probably buy me nearly all the stuff I still want (full PEN gear set with +stats, a countersword, and maybe a revolver or new skill). I'm assuming they aren't 7 day headphones that give you 80000 more pen per game that you win, so someone tell me what they actually do lol. Thanks.
Xialon, 80 Blood Elf Priest , Twisting Nether
Xialoh, 80 Blood Elf Rogue, Twisting Nether

User Info: Anti Hero

Anti Hero
10 years ago#2
Basicly when you buy the AP headphones; you get 80k PEN.
THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

User Info: ccc_videomaniac

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#3
buying AP stuff is temporary, because you CAN get permanent PEN stuff from the shop. you just need to get them from fumbi, who randomly gives you stuff, some permanent, some temporary, some upgraded, some colored...

basically buying AP items is just a way for players to temporarily get those items, until they can finally get them from fumbi. if i got 80k PEN i'd probably spend them with fumbi :3

who knows, he could probably give you a +5 revolver or something.

if AP items were permanent, not only alaplaya wouldn't make profits, but the game would be broken, giving AP users a great advantage over others. it wouldn't be fun anymore, so free users would leave, leaving only AP ones, and then having AP wouldn't be as exclusive... and then what would be the whole point of it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A WATCH IT!
Brawl FC: 1376-0516-0865 VMAN

User Info: Xialoh

Xialoh
10 years ago#4
Um, I'd settle for slightly better stats, or even the same +stats with just the looks of AP clothes (meaning it isn't an advantage over the free players). I just don't want to waste my money on temporary advantages. Besides, hardcore players will just pay the 20'ish bucks monthly anyway, meaning they're still better than the other players. It's not game breaking now, and it wouldn't be if the stuff was permanent either.
Xialon, 80 Blood Elf Priest , Twisting Nether
Xialoh, 80 Blood Elf Rogue, Twisting Nether

User Info: raptorer8

raptorer8
10 years ago#5
Wait, so upgraded stuff from fumbi dance is permanent?
WN: He's just too mysterious.
Hiroyuki Kobayashi: Dante likes pizza.

User Info: Onomatopoiea

Onomatopoiea
10 years ago#6
^ It's mostly temporary stuff, but yes, you can get some Permanent items RARELY.
Playing: Ragnarok Online, PangYa, S4 League
Waiting For:Blade & Soul

User Info: A7thSteve

A7thSteve
10 years ago#7
^I wish I had known that sooner ><

User Info: tzka

tzka
10 years ago#8
Why has no one said this? You CAN buy specific permanent weapons from the shop, they are just more expensive(27k-35kish) and need to be repaired every once in a while, but are still much cheaper in the long run. Just make sure when you do this that you get something you WILL use.
When you buy an item, click the thing in grey and drag it down to the permanent option, that's it.
When a meteor comes to destroy us all, and people are scrambling for their lives, I'll be the one on a hill with a tennis racquet so at least I can say I tried.

User Info: GuyFromVietnam

GuyFromVietnam
10 years ago#9
^everyone knows you can BUY permanent weapons

raptorer8 was asking about whether fumbi items were permanent or not
Whos idea was it to look at a cow and think... hey, maybe ill pull on these dangly things and drink what comes out?

User Info: raptorer8

raptorer8
10 years ago#10
Yup, that was what I was asking, since all i got were temps =/

Is it pure luck? Or does it have higher chance of perms with the amount of PEN you spend?
WN: He's just too mysterious.
Hiroyuki Kobayashi: Dante likes pizza.
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. I would probably blow up to a $100 on this game over a few months if...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A