• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. Seems there's a complaint about every other skill/weapon/costume in this game

User Info: Onomatopoiea

Onomatopoiea
10 years ago#11
I actually think this game is pretty well balanced EXCEPT for Handgun. It just has so many advantages and nearly no disadvantages.

Rail Gun could use a slight damage reduction but it's not that bad.
Playing: Ragnarok, PangYa, S4League
Waiting For:Blade & Soul, DOA Online

User Info: ccc_videomaniac

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#12
the game is not perfectly balanced, but no game is. but ever since handgun appeared, the unbalanced-ness of s4 has been taken to a new level. it's too unbalanced now. before, it was in an acceptable level. now it's not.

i think rail gun is fine as it is. it needs to be charged to do a 1HKO. uncharged, not even criticals can kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A WATCH IT!
Brawl FC: 1376-0516-0865 VMAN

User Info: Shadonic

Shadonic
10 years ago#13
people complaining about AP gear is stupid, as thats how the company makes its money, without ap gear, the game wouldn't be around, or you'd be paying just for the privelege of playing it, it's not exactly alot is it? and they have to keep buying it, can't have it permanent.

i personally use the rail gun, Plasma sword and HMG, i like to pick off reinforcements before they can get anywhere near the ball in TD, and anyone that gets too big for their boots and tries to take me on in melee will either get mowed down by a hail of machine gun fire, or gets torn in half by my sword.

its always funny when people call me a coward, and then i cut them and half their team down when i decide to move up and obliterate their defense :) can't run and gun the same way a SMG or pistol user can though, so my improved firepower penalises my mobility, meaning i'm a poor flag carrier.

yes, i will obliterate cannon/ rail gun users from half the map away, time and time again, yes i will often kill someone before they even get past their tunnel at the start of a TD tunnel match, but i have to sacrifice moblity for that advantage, all works out balanced in the end!

personally i don't think the revolver is all that though, sure its hard hitting, and has good knockback, but 95% of the time i'll one-shot them with the rail gun ( even if its close range and they've taken me by suprise) or they'll lose out to the superior damage in a machien gun burst.
Opinions, by themselves, are worthless. It's the arguments supporting them which give them any real value.

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#14
just to clarify, revolver =/= handgun

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
10 years ago#15
what makes the hand gun so much better than the revolver
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#16
higher shooting speed, more bullets (and same reload time), better accuracy, better knockback, makes you faster, and it kills with 3-4 shots.

sure revolver can kill in 1, but you need many crits in one shot, which are hard to get at mid/long distances, and even in short ones. handgun, with its shooting speed, can get kills more easily.

Flame_Hazard
10 years ago#17
well, I believe they nerfed it. I noticed the last week or so that I completely failed trying to kill people with it, then started hearing people saying it was nerfed. Is it even still worth having? Is that speed boost worth the slot?

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#18
i'd say 1 out of every 15-20 player keeps their handgun now. i say you don't waste the slot. keep your smg or any other weapon you want.

speed boost goes like this:
-guns
-swords (4/3 of guns speed)
-handgun (5/3 of guns speed)

pretty much you can just get yourself a sword and still run faster than the average, plus the dash of PS or CS is helpful for scoring touchdowns. handgun lost its deathmatch usefulness, though.

i collect all weapons and skills so i'm not selling mine :3

Flame_Hazard
10 years ago#19
my current main character has sp boost, semi rifle, smg, and mind energy. I also wear the +SP clothes that I can get, so I dodge a lot. I'd like to collect everything too, but I have to go back and make a new character because I screwed my favorite one up buying a full set of clothes without stats before I learned about stat clothing.

Oh...and I'm thinking of swapping my SMG for mind shock when I get the cash for it. Is that weapon worth a slot >.>? I know I'm asking more advice now i guess, so I may take it to their official boards lol. Just have trouble developing a character because I never know if something is quite good enough until a long while of using it.

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#20
i don't know if you have read the guide to the game that i wrote?
i explained every weapon in detail (but i have to change it, now that they nerfed the HG, but the other weapons still have the same description).
this is what i wrote:

MIND SHOCK
This is a healing weapon, but its healing effect is terrible!
Therefore I won't count it as a healing thing. This weapon
is a life leecher. It attacks the enemy and steals a little HP.
However, the damage inflicted is pretty small, and the life it
steals is even smaller. It's only good because it goes through
walls, but any enemy that starts being attacked with one of these
will run away immediately, or attack if able. It's probably the
worst weapon in the game, and one of the least popular ones,
if not the least. Probabilities are it will never be better.

And my final tier list looked like this (remember, HG is yet to be changed)

1. HAND GUN...............S RANK
2. COUNTER SWORD..........S RANK
3. SUBMACHINE GUN.........A RANK
4. SEMI-RIFLE.............A RANK
5. RAIL GUN...............B RANK
6. PLASMA SWORD...........B RANK
7. REVOLVER...............C RANK
8. SENTY NELL.............C RANK
9. STORM BAT..............C RANK
10.MIND ENERGY............D RANK
11.HEAVY MACHINE GUN......D RANK
12.CANNONADE..............F RANK
13.SENTRY GUN.............F RANK
14.GAUSS RIFLE............G RANK
15.MIND SHOCK.............G RANK

basically it's not worth it unless you get it upgraded. there is no clothing that upgrades mind shock (at least, none that you can buy with PEN from the regular shop) so it will be hard to find an upgraded one. also, it's WAY better to just have a regular attacking weapon and someone in your team who heals.

i SERIOUSLY think that changing SMG for a mind shock is the worst decision ever. but if you feel like it, go for it. i'd advice that you save money for a mind shock and buy it, but don't sell your SMG to get extra money. you can always farm or do missions to get the money you need.
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. Seems there's a complaint about every other skill/weapon/costume in this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A