• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. Seems there's a complaint about every other skill/weapon/costume in this game

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
10 years ago#1
Weapons:

1. Rail Gun - People hate snipers. I dunno Why, it's just like being hit by a melee weapon at close range, except it has a long range, and is really hard to aim.

2. Hand Gun - Apparently speed, pushback, and a decent damage shot is overpowered.

3. Counter Sword - Repeated swinging of a weapon is a bad thing too apparently.

4. Heavy Machine Gun - Too much ammo.

Skills:

1. Anchor - Aerial mobility is cheating in touchdown, apparently, despite the fact that they only have a short window to make use of it before they're out of energy. Any good team could probably kill someone trying to use their anchor before they manage a touchdown. if someone picks the ball back up, oh well. your team screwed up.

2. Shield - Too powerful because it guarantees that the user will win a fight against everything but melee, snipers, cannonades, and mind shock. Not quite enough weaknesses I guess.

Costumes:

All AP Gear. Any of it. At all. Going the extra mile for an advantage = cheating and OP.

Other:

All AP Weapons too.

Seriously, I'm sick of people complaining about so many things you can use in this game. Chances are, I haven't even covered everything I hear complaints about. It really seems like the only way for people to not complain about what you do is for someone to write an official list of items that most people have no problem with.

BTW is there a list and if so can I get a link? I'd like to use whatever isn't on it.
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.

User Info: omegasinnocence

omegasinnocence
10 years ago#2
I'm not gonna lie. I think Hand Gun is overpowered right now. It was nerfed in KRS4 about a month after it was released.
Might as well stick a quarter in your ass cause you just played yourself.

User Info: ccc_videomaniac

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#3
yeah handgun is overpowered and i'm 100% sure about it. it's a beta weapon that, no matter how many complains it got, pentavision or alaplaya or whoever is responsible for it didn't care to nerf >_< before handgun, it was very debated that CS is overpowered. i can only think those 2 are too much, handgun being a lot more than CS.

anchor is too good too. i know teams can stop it. the thing is, if defenders fail, that's an instant score. other ways of scoring (wall jumps, rushes and such) can also leave room for the attackers to fail. that, and not every weapon an stop an anchorer, so pretty much that is some unfair advantage. shield... i don't see anything particularly bad about it o.O

other than handgun and anchor, and perhaps CS, every complain is just an excuse for the losing person or team.

now AP gear... it's unfair to lose to someone with a +11 weapon -_- then again, it's their loss, because they're wasting their money and not showing off with real skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A WATCH IT!
Brawl FC: 1376-0516-0865 VMAN

omegasinnocence
10 years ago#4
I can't wait till Bind comes out. People are gonna piss and moan about that too.

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#5
idk, new stuff don't necessarily generate complains. it's top tier weapons/skills that cause complains. it's just a coincidence handgun ended up being top tier. o.O
then again idk what bind is, so i'm not sure of its usefulness.
i also doubt of the s4 community's ability to realize the above, so yeah. most probably it'll end up the same way it did with handgun.

omegasinnocence
10 years ago#6
Bind is a skill that traps your opponent in place for a few seconds. The opponent can still fight back but can't move anywhere. It's very useful in Touchdown mode, especially in Station-2. It also neutralizes anchor. Even if the opponent can link to the wall, they won't move towards it.

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#7
sounds nice :3

User Info: AVX

AVX
10 years ago#8
I find most everything is actually well balanced...

...except the handgun. I hate that stupid thing for being so overpowered, and alaplaya refusing to balance it despite the massive amounts of complaints on it. >_>
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

User Info: Psionic_Wookie

Psionic_Wookie
10 years ago#9
i find it mostly comes down to skill, really. i never find HG to be much of a problem. RG is reasonably hard to use, though its fun seeing the people try to troll you about 'being a noob.' that makes up for it. i sniped this guy, i dont remember his name, it was weeks ago(though i often laugh about it, i remember it quite well), before i lost my rented RG, and our conversation went like this
*i sniped him*
him-why dont you come down and fight for real?
me-why would i? im dong just fine sniping. why stop?
him-cause youre a noob
me-really? me?
him-yes, youre very obviously a noob
me-really?
him-yes
me-im a noob?
him-geez, yes
me-what does that make you?
him-?
me-im a noob, but me>you, so what are you?
*a few people laugh, he leaves*

i thought it was hilarious. and i kept sniping him throughout the conversation.
on-topic: im not sure whether or not to agree with the Anchor being too useful. useful if you have GREAT timing, TD-wise, but terrible otherwise. CS is just useful. people just complain because theyre not quick enough to dodge. i hardly see anyone, other than myself, who uses HMG. i sold me Shield because it just wasnt very useful. id say only 1/3 people actually use something that the Shield can block. AP items i just dont see a point in. though it is a bit like DLC. sorta. but it would be cool if you could just pay 50000+ Pen and be able to get AP items. or some really high price. maybe 3x the original price, that way you wouldnt have pay real money.
Observation: I am awesome.
Not changing my sig until Professor Layton 2 is confirmed/rejected. (1/18/2009)

ccc_videomaniac
10 years ago#10
on-topic: im not sure whether or not to agree with the Anchor being too useful. useful if you have GREAT timing, TD-wise, but terrible otherwise.
*gives you aerial mobility like fly, but faster, and doesn't take all of your SP if you get shot, plus it makes you invincible to most attacks while anchoring (including fully charged cannonade) and can be cancelled into a sword attack. combined with counter sword, it IS useful.

CS is just useful. people just complain because theyre not quick enough to dodge.
*the thing is... storm bat has a killer movie (jump attack). so does plasma sword (dash attack to strong attack). counter sword has... ALL. click spam = deadly combo. jump attack = deadly 2 hits. it's heavy attack not only has crazy damage and knockback, but it's range is too wide. wider than any other attack from any other melee or gun. and it also has a dash so it can replace PS on touchdown matches. before handgun came to the game, it was debated that it was overpowered.

i hardly see anyone, other than myself, who uses HMG. i sold me Shield because it just wasnt very useful. id say only 1/3 people actually use something that the Shield can block.
*uhmmm... 1/3 of the people use guns? o.O shield stops bullets, not melee. block is the reason there are melee weapons out there you know XD plus combined with HMG it makes you a takn o.O after anchor, shield is considered the best skill out there.

i covered all this in my guide. too bad gamefaqs didn't accept it just because it was indented o.O gotta fix that...

as for handgun... it IS overpowered. overpowered shots kill in 3-4 hits, less if critical.knockback prevents getting hit by melee weapons, including CS, which has the most range. it makes you faster. pretty much it has it all.

i'm not whinning about all this. i'm just saying the game is NOT balanced. i know no game is balanced (again, i covered this in my guide) but s4 has taken it to a point in which it's either you use handgun or you lose. don't believe just me. ask any pro (not pro rank, but pro skill) player out there. any clan leader. any player with a sense of tier-awareness. they'll agree with me.

shield is good but it has a weak point: melee weapons. anchor is great but at least rail gun stops it, and enough damage done to the guy traveling in a straight line can kill him. it is handgun that has taken it too far. the korean handgun was nerfed after its release because of what i stated. i don't see why european handgun shouldn't.

i'll be happy to debate about all this. i'll keep an eye on this topic :3
  1. Boards
  2. S4 League
  3. Seems there's a complaint about every other skill/weapon/costume in this game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A