• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. So.... anyone got it?

User Info: matt_lewis15

matt_lewis15
9 years ago#1
opinions?
PSN: matt_lewis

User Info: Spideymaster

Spideymaster
9 years ago#2
Well, IGN gave it a 4.2, so I'm not sure if it should be a buy.
I DO have many games, but I'm just too lazy to review most of them(Which is probably true of most people).
Games I want: Scribblenauts along with many others.

User Info: truesubzero

truesubzero
9 years ago#3
If you look on metacritic you can see that there is another website that gives a score around 8/10.So i don't know what to think about this game and which review to believe.

User Info: supercammando

supercammando
9 years ago#4
IGN has a review of both DS and PSP versions. Unfortunately, two different people reviewed both games so that doesn't help.

I got the DS version and it's actually pretty good. Wait to hear more about the PSP version and if it's as bad as the IGN review makes it sound.

supercammando
9 years ago#5
Ok, got the PSP version... haven't tried it yet.

One thing I can say: DS version allows you to SHIFT, i.e. has MT.

The PSP manual doesn't mention anything about MT. Looks like it's AT. Will confirm this later. If PSP is AT only, DS WINS.

supercammando
9 years ago#6
OK... we get a watered down, dumbified rally game:
No MT.
No car adjustments.

In the DS version, you get MT or AT. You can also re-do races to earn more cash to spend on vehicle upgrades. You get some historical stat tracking (time raced, total $ earned, top speed, and a bunch of other stats). Graphically not so great, the DS version is better.

Sega Rally Revo on PSP is way better than this game imho.

R.I.P. to Mr. Mcrae and true rally experiences on PSP from Codeslackers.

User Info: JManGT

JManGT
9 years ago#7
this is what happens when you buy ports. Never buy ports that release the same day as the native version. Never ends well. ESPECIALLY portable ones.

If they get released on a seperate time line (Like Race Driver 2006) then go for it. Because that means they actually care, and arn't just using the port as a sponge since they never advertise anything but the native version of the game in cases like these.

supercammando
9 years ago#8
WTF? A port of WHAT? This isn't a port of ANYTHING. The PS3 has tons more stuff. The DS version is waay better than PSP version in terms of "stuff".

The one thing this PSP game has going for it is the physics are actually pretty nice. It's all AT but you can feel diffs in the vehicles, terrain. There's just no stats. No incentive to re-race career races after you get the "gold". Not bad but for $29, not worth it.

User Info: JManGT

JManGT
9 years ago#9
It's a port of dirt 2....
the native versions, the ones that got the entire focus on development, are on PS3 and 360
the rest are just sponges for money when people hear how good the native version is, they go out and buy the other ports thinking they will be to.... not hard to figure out.

supercammando
9 years ago#10
wrong. Midnight Club for PSP is an example of a true "port'... all features from the console version included in the PSP version. DIRT 2 on PSP is nothing like the console versions, therefore, it is not a port.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. So.... anyone got it?
  • Topic Archived