• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. What CD key is being used on my Steam version?

User Info: Thorpe

Thorpe
8 years ago#1

OK, so I purchased DiRT 2 again but this time in downloadable form through Valve's Steam client. Now, I plan to give away my physical version, since it would be pointless having two of the same game on the same platform. Since I already used Games for Windows - LIVE with DiRT 2 before with the original CD key, I have just realised I didn't get prompted to enter a CD key when I signed in through the Steam version (I did have the other game uninstalled long before this).

So, how do I know if it is using the original key (physical one) because I used the same gamertag or did it use the Steam supplied one automatically? I don't want to give this game away, knowing someone might not be able to play it online because they key is already in use.

It is kinda confusing.

User Info: Frisco557

Frisco557
8 years ago#2
If you didn't enter it before, then its running off of your old key. The new key can be found by right clicking on the game in your steam games list and clicking "view game CD key"

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
8 years ago#3
While at the screen that asks you for your CD-Key, hit shift+tab and the key will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. What CD key is being used on my Steam version?
  • Topic Archived