• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. Is there any way to link your online/offline profiles?

User Info: force_edge

force_edge
8 years ago#1
Because, frankly, as happy as I am to have gotten a fun game for $5 USD, it's pretty damn stupid to draw the line between online and offline so much.
Folks who claim graphics don't matter are butthurt nerds who haven't grown up in the last 20 years.

User Info: Frisco557

Frisco557
8 years ago#2
what do you mean? like the offline and online missions or to have one save for both?

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
8 years ago#3
When you signed into GFWL offline, did you create a *new* profile, or did you try to sign into an existing profile WHILE offline? If you did the former, and it's a separate profile entirely (And Offline profile, instead of a LIVE-enabled one running offline), then you're SoL, AFAIK. If you used an Online account while disconnected, then you should be able to just sign in normally.

I ended up doing the same thing with FUEL, and played through most of the game using an Offline account, and was extremely annoyed when it turned out I couldn't do ANYTHING with the saves used offline to use them with my normal, LIVE-enabled account.

Yet another reason I absolutely despise GFWL when it comes to *anything* mildy outside of a perfectly normal, "Sign in while online and play" environment. It breaks at the drop of a hat.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
(+.[PSP: 5.00 M-6] -:-) - PS2s: 50K Fat (V9) Modded+500GB HDD/70K Slim(V12).

User Info: force_edge

force_edge
8 years ago#4
@Frisco: Online and offline in one single save.

@cody: Ah, I did exactly that. Woe betide me, for how was I to know that GFWL would be this dumb!

In any case, thanks for the clarification. I guess I should be more careful with GFWL games from now on =/
Folks who claim graphics don't matter are butthurt nerds who haven't grown up in the last 20 years.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
8 years ago#5
Yeah, that sucks man.
Honestly, the way it handles profiles/gamesaves is the only reason I personally dislike it. I can live with everything else if it weren't for that being a total PitA.

I'm still a bit annoyed about it up and deciding my GTA IV saves were "Corrupted" after around 30-40 hours of gameplay. I know for a fact they weren't because I installed Xliveless and have been using my saves perfectly fine ever since; But if I wanted to got back to playing normally I'd have to start a new game. '-__-
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. Is there any way to link your online/offline profiles?
  • Topic Archived