• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. EASY?!!?.....Come on guys, be fair!!

User Info: songwriter15

songwriter15
8 years ago#1
I agree with one of the posters below, this HAS to be one of the most user-unfriendly racing games of all time!!

Now, before you flame me to hell and back, let me be clear please! The design and production of the game are near faultless. The graphics are excellent and the voice-over/"commentary" lends a nice touch in the way it really does give the impression of talking to you directly.
My problem - and I'm so sorry ,all you unconditional lovers of the game, - is that I just can't keep the damned cars on the road!! Not if I want to try and win, that is!

I don't try and fool myself that I'm a virtual Lewis Hamilton or Jensen Button ( I'm a Brit you see ;-) ), but I KNOW that, over many years, and via such a wide variety of games such as the Gran Turismos, Sega Rally, and, yes, the Motorstorm series (!!), through F1's, Need For Speed ( ALL of them!! ), and, with no apologies to anyone, Forza, Project Gotham, and even way back to Metropolis Street Racer, I've become a more-than-fair racer........ But this game has be totally stumped!!

No matter that I try to drive with every skill that I've picked up over the decades, before I can blink, it seems, I'm in the trees, into a rock face, or just off the road and into a ditch!!

Brilliant though this game may be in its production values and presentation............I fear, for me, anyway, it's just no FUN!!

So sorry to be so negative but maybe you can give me a clue as to how to get some enjoyment from what should be such an excellent title?

Take it easy guys - and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to ONE AND ALL!! :-). :-)
Just my Opinion
Still Living The Dream
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. EASY?!!?.....Come on guys, be fair!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A