• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. 900 degree steering?

User Info: Tommy861

Tommy861
8 years ago#1

I am assuming the game does not support it unless I missed something? Kinda kills some of the realism....

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
8 years ago#2
It's been so long since I played with any settings on this game that I can't answer your question directly.

When given a choice, I set my wheel to 360 degree travel.
360 seems like a good compromise to me.

It gives you a full 180 in each direction, which prevents you from hitting an artificial stopper at the end of wheel travel.
It also prevents you from having to turn the wheel too far while making a turn.
While more realistic, having to turn the wheel that far to make a turn is just not that fun to me.
It will also prevent you from being as competitive as you would otherwise.

I think part of my preference for the 360 setting is due to the fact that my daily driver is a Jeep Wrangler.
I only have to throw a 90 on the wheel to turn a normal corner, vs. a full 360 degree throw on my wife's Tacoma.

User Info: Tommy861

Tommy861
8 years ago#3
ARC_NoOne posted...
It's been so long since I played with any settings on this game that I can't answer your question directly.

When given a choice, I set my wheel to 360 degree travel.
360 seems like a good compromise to me.

It gives you a full 180 in each direction, which prevents you from hitting an artificial stopper at the end of wheel travel.
It also prevents you from having to turn the wheel too far while making a turn.
While more realistic, having to turn the wheel that far to make a turn is just not that fun to me.
It will also prevent you from being as competitive as you would otherwise.

I think part of my preference for the 360 setting is due to the fact that my daily driver is a Jeep Wrangler.
I only have to throw a 90 on the wheel to turn a normal corner, vs. a full 360 degree throw on my wife's Tacoma.

As far as I can tell the game has no choice either way. 900 degree steering is usually progressive and gives you more precise and realistic control. If you're driving the game correctly the only time you would need to ever "turn far" would be to do the Scandinavian Flick and even that you're only doing about 1 full turn of the wheel. Having driven rally cars in real life I can tell you this is true.

Great game anyway though aside from the steering, the road feel and the behavior of the cars and suspension is spot on!
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. 900 degree steering?
  • Topic Archived