• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. so is this game dead?

User Info: hammoud

hammoud
9 years ago#1

i was thinking about buying this game all week but looking at this board makes it seem dead and i need 2 more online trophies (i rented it before), the two trophies i need are the one where i need to get to online level 30 and the one where i participate in 4 tournaments, so is it still possible to get them?

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#2

There's still a lot of action online, so getting to level 30 should be relatively easy.

I'm not sure about the tournaments though.
I haven't been paying any attention to them lately, if they're still going.

User Info: CDuG

CDuG
9 years ago#3

The tournaments are still active if you're referring to Pro Tour. I was just playing them the other day.

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#4

He's referring to the tournaments that they run each week for "earn the most fame points", "set the fastest time on this track", "wreck the most cars", etc...

There is a trophy for completing 4 of these tournaments.

hammoud
9 years ago#5

yes, those^. btw, how DO u participate in them anyway, i remember trying once but didn't know how andi gave up rather quickly

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#6

It's automatic.

If the goal is wreck the most cars, as soon as you wreck, you're entered.
If it's most fame points, you enter when you get some fame points, etc...

User Info: DarkMellie

DarkMellie
9 years ago#7

The online space is very much alive on PC and xbox. You'll rarely hold an 8 player room together though (which sucks for the 'win a race of 8' achievement) but mostly I've had 6 - 8 players a night on it.

I'm grinding to level 30 right now (so much slower than singleplayer) so add DarkMellie on LIVE if you want someone to race with over the next week or so :)

hammoud
9 years ago#8

ARC_NoOne posted...

It's automatic.

Hmm, i can't seem to understand. So if it was wreck, i just wreck a car in any game (online?) i've entered, and even if i dont make the list it would still count as participating?

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#9

Yes.
You will make the list by doing whatever it is that they are requesting, your ranking on the list is based on how well you do.

You can find out what the tournament goals are for the last, current and next tournament at the info table outside your trailer.

User Info: CDuG

CDuG
9 years ago#10

hammoud posted...

ARC_NoOne posted...

It's automatic.

Hmm, i can't seem to understand. So if it was wreck, i just wreck a car in any game (online?) i've entered, and even if i dont make the list it would still count as participating?

You don't have to be playing online either, just connected. It tracks it during any part. You could be doing a race in the offline Career or whatever you want to call it and as long as you are doing whatever it is the tourney is for, you'll be placed.

1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. so is this game dead?
  • Topic Archived