• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. Just got GRID, should I get this?

User Info: Oscar9Rock

Oscar9Rock
9 years ago#1
I'm so amazed w/ codemaster's work w/ GRID so now I'm planning on getting this...

How's the learning curve?
Is it much harder then GRID?
Are the cars customizable?
Currently playing:NBA Live 2010(PS3), God Of War(PSP)
Just Finished:Muramasa(Wii) ***PSN:oaba09***

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#2

I think the controls in Dirt 2 are even better than GRID.
The cars seem to have just the right blend of Arcade/Sim to allow you to recover from most of your errors.

The learning curve isn't bad.
Once you learn straightline braking and get a feel for the throttle control, you should do fine.

The overall difficulty is up to you.
Easy is REALLY easy, but the difficulty ramps up sharply from there.
I personally found Dirt 2 to be easier than GRID, but Dirt 2 better fits my driving sty-le as well.
The cars in GRID wouldn't slide much, and then would suddenly break free and spin out.
The cars in Dirt 2 slide a bit to start, and then get looser as you get on them harder.
They don't seem have the sudden breaking point though.

You can change liveries on the cars, but can't actually customize them other than that.
Unless you consider bashing them into everything you can during the race, so that parts get crushed and fall off, to be "customizing".

Oscar9Rock
9 years ago#3
Cool....I just watched a couple of gameplay videos on youtube...I think I'll be getting this in a couple of days...thanks!!

Oscar9Rock
9 years ago#4
Well...I just bought it today...I'm gonna play it and post my feedback later...

Oscar9Rock
9 years ago#5
Just played DIRT 2 for the 1st time....For some reason, I find it easier than GRID...anyone else who feels this way? I also like the fact that you have some sort of customizations w/ your vehicles...

User Info: CDuG

CDuG
9 years ago#6

Never played GRID so I can't say, but Dirt 2 is very easy. Still super fun though and the graphics are amazing.

User Info: yienmaster

yienmaster
9 years ago#7
Yeah I think Dirt 2 is easier than Grid. I like the team management / sponsor choosing aspects of Grid though. Dirt 2 is a little too EXTREME SPORTS WOOHOO for me.

I hope they don't go even more crazy for Dirt 3. They need to find a balance between 1 and 2, and then build on that as the foundation. 1 was still an overwhelming majority of Rally, but 2 added way too many stadium events. I also miss the time between stages to fix whatever you could on your car. It was really an incentive to drive well so that you'd be able to fix everything up and hit the next stage with a car in good shape.

User Info: DarkMellie

DarkMellie
9 years ago#8

There's just something about sliding sideways around a corner that gets me going. I'm a little torn between the two Dirt's though. The first was superior for tracks and race types. It had some lovely scenery in there that was much more true to life... and it had the right mix of hill-climbs, rally's and realistic rally-crosses. The second installment drives more fun (imo) but is a lot further removed from reality.

Personally, I'm more looking forward to CodeMaster's F1 2010 on the EGO engine than I am DiRT 3... and I'm super excited for DiRT 3 so the thought of F1 makes me all giddy!

User Info: yienmaster

yienmaster
9 years ago#9
^^^ I agree completely with everything you said there about Dirt 1 and 2. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the actual driving improved but liked the events from the 1st game better. I miss hill climb.

User Info: ARC_NoOne

ARC_NoOne
9 years ago#10

yienmaster posted...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the actual driving improved but liked the events from the 1st game better. I miss hill climb.

That's pretty much the majority opinion, so you are by no means alone.

1. Boards
  2. DiRT 2
  3. Just got GRID, should I get this?
  • Topic Archived