• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tropico 3
  3. Attempts to fix a bugged/crashing save game, deleting roads

User Info: psaltery

psaltery
4 years ago#1
Today I loaded up a savegame of mine that always crashed a few seconds into the month September 1966.

In this game, I DID extend the coastline heavily using fountains/roads/delete/rebuild technique.

However, I'm not sure that's exactly what's causing the crashes. Although avoiding building near coastlines did help me finally finish The Toady mission.

I tried something else today to "fix" extend the playtime of my buggy save. I deleted 95% of the roads on the outer ring of my island. 5% I was unable to delete because the road was either too small to get a red highlight or the road is close to an airport or marina which apparently interferes with the deletion too.

This mass road deletion actually extended the life of the save game 6 months to March 1967 but it still crashed in March.

So some theories on why the game crashes?

1) too many roads
2) too many "events"
3) population too high
4) too many bugged roads
5) too many bugged Tropicans (maybe the game crashes when a specific Tropican walks somewhere?) when I deleted the roads, normally the cars everyone is traveling in disappears too).

I noticed that near garages or other buildings with a road entrance. The game has a bad habit of bugging out that entryway at times and create some loop de loop thing.

Going to do some more testing on the save file and see if I can extend the playtime again.
Psalm 73:20: As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

psaltery
4 years ago#2
deleted most of the roads on the outer ring again. This time the save got up to February 1967. Next I'm going to try deleting ALL the roads on the island, at least the ones i can highlight.
Psalm 73:20: As a dream when one awaketh; so, O Lord, when thou awakest, thou shalt despise their image.

psaltery
4 years ago#3
After deleting 97%+ of the roads on the map, I extended the game up to April 1967. Going to check out crash.log again. I'm thinking the culprit really is a bugged Tropican that is walking to a place he shouldn't be in. Destroying the roads resets his position (because of the disappearing cars but after he/she starts walking again the game eventually bugs out again in Feb/March/April 1967. In that case, maybe some assassinations are in order? Lol. Will update thread after testing that. :)

psaltery
4 years ago#4
using the secret police to assassinate about 2 dozen tropicans didn't help game still crashed in April 1967...might have to eliminate a lot more :(
  1. Boards
  2. Tropico 3
  3. Attempts to fix a bugged/crashing save game, deleting roads
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A