• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tropico 3
  3. Placement of economy buildings, please help.

User Info: Leo_Kun

Leo_Kun
9 years ago#1
I really want to know once and for all, on these questions.

Placing farms, mines, etc.

Greenest is where the crops grow best, but if you put your farm directly onto the green, you're wasting crop space right? You cant grow where you drop the building, so the best place would be on a less green or even a red spot RIGHT NEXT to a lush green area, yes or no?

Mines, directly on the deposit or right next to it?

Oil wells, same question.

Please and thank you in advance, my companieros.

User Info: Franco McNeil

Franco McNeil
9 years ago#2
Oil wells: on the oil deposit.
Mines: next to the deposit.
(from the FAQ here on GF)

Farms....I was wondering this myself last night. Anyone else know?

User Info: Aebleskiver

Aebleskiver
9 years ago#3

Greenest is where the crops grow best, but if you put your farm directly onto the green, you're wasting crop space right? You cant grow where you drop the building, so the best place would be on a less green or even a red spot RIGHT NEXT to a lush green area, yes or no?

This is correct and I can confirm it. When you place a farm on green, the farmers will start growing crops around the farm. However, the ground starts to lose it's fertility after a while but the land the farm is placed on will stay green as it isn't being used by the farmers.
"Tories back off campaign pledge to show a surplus by 2014-15 "
-Globe and Mail, 9 Days after the Election

User Info: iIIuminati

iIIuminati
9 years ago#4
For Farms red is better but yellow will do. they are a renewable resource so you want to preserve the green parts for planting. I'll terraform a hill with fountains and bunk houses in order to get a tobacco farm to fit nicely on the red spot.

On the other hand, Mines have a numbered resource quantity. Placing them right on top is fine and they will mine faster but I don't think you'll get more. I would say efficient road access is more important than actual placement though you can have both. I run really long games so I like to keep my mines running kind of slow.

The game is pretty picky about where you place your Oil Wells so there's not much you can do but yeah, put them on the red parts.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
  1. Boards
  2. Tropico 3
  3. Placement of economy buildings, please help.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A