• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Major League Baseball 2K9
  3. Need help on throwing (infield)

User Info: F4phantomphreak

F4phantomphreak
9 years ago#1
I bought the game used so I dont have a book w/ it. Anyhoo when a groundball is hit to one of my infielders I scoop it up no problem, and I throw to first and alot of the time the 1st baseman is about a foot in front of the bag, now when I throw I use classic controls but I'm keeping the throw meter in the green, so it should be a good throw right?? Today out of about 15 groundballs 9 of them were like this, these are routine grounders nothing special. This is driving me nuts cause these should be automatic outs but they aren't. If anyone knows what I'm yapping about could you please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong??? I blew a perfect game because of this exact thing and that ticked me off big time! Thanks

User Info: Morphate

Morphate
9 years ago#2
I wouldn't use those default controls (as opposed to the classic control).
It was just one of many issues that 2K never addressed (via a patch).

The idea of the fielding controls (green throw meter) is great, however,
it is simply flawed (due to the outrageous time it takes to throw the ball to
your basemen).

Good luck.

User Info: F4phantomphreak

F4phantomphreak
9 years ago#3
Thanks, I cannot believe how they totally screwed this game up. I also own a PS3 but I simply do not like there MLB the Show, so I always got the 2k's and & loved 2008. I like this one but there is alot of flaws and I guess this throwing one is one of them, geeezz ya'd think they would've sat down and tested this game before releasing it to the public??? I sure hope the 2010 version has fixed these probs, if not then I guess I'll go back to 2008?? Man I hated when they stopped making the MVP series cause they were the best baseball games by far!! Again thanks for answering my post, appreciate it brother.
  1. Boards
  2. Major League Baseball 2K9
  3. Need help on throwing (infield)
  • Topic Archived