• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Supreme Commander 2
  3. one of the best steam deals.

User Info: Swatman1

Swatman1
8 years ago#1
seriously. i hated the first supreme commander, but I bought this today and I feel like its a hue improvement over the first, and I dont think this game got the reviews that it deserved. it is atleast an 8.5 game

Xbox Live Name: Dark Soldier
PSN ID: Swatman1

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
8 years ago#2
I kinda not really agree with you. I bought SupCom and Forged Alliance at release at full price ($50) and loved them to death. I waited on this title and bought it for $2.50. Good deal.
Gamma Quantoid
Advanced Anti-Organic Particle Bursts

User Info: JoeDaStudd

JoeDaStudd
8 years ago#3
I got it on the steam deal, but it feels like a the original remade for babies.
Theres about 70% less units and they took out a lot of the great abilities, nefing the experimental units.

All credit to steam for the low price, otherwise I would have been pee'd off.
TheKbob: Computers are like women, you know you're working them just right when they get really hot and make a lot of noise.

User Info: Psalm51

Psalm51
8 years ago#4
$2.50 for Sup Com 2? "How are the mighty fallen," indeed. I was contemplating attempting my first campaign FAQ for this game, but I'm having second thoughts now. This board is nearly deserted (that for a nine month block-buster game,) there is over 4 GB of patches to download (that's what other posters say) and the fact that Steam are selling it for very little, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to produce the FAQ. As mentioned in my topic post, I've recently become a fan of Gas Powered Games and it's a shame to see this game so ignored.
Are you forgiven yet? You should be...

User Info: Zorlac

Zorlac
8 years ago#5
Steam deals don't mean the mighty have fallen. It's simply a steam deal, that's what steam does.
And The Vampire was all that remained on the blood drowned creation.
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666.

User Info: blowtrees

blowtrees
8 years ago#6

Yah great steam deals last week. I picked up BF:Bad Co. 2, the whole Crysis pack, RA3, SupCom2 and Super Meat boy for like 25 bucks.

I prefer the depth and visual candy of the original games, but really enjoyed the continuation of the story.It'scurse is being held up against it's predecessor.SupCom2 is a solid RTS game (better than RA3 I dare say).

Wish I could useSupCom2 maps in FA.

User Info: Megawizard

Megawizard
8 years ago#7
I played through the campaign at launch and that was pretty much it. It sat for months. Once it had this sale I bought it for one of my friends and it's a heckuva lot more fun with someone ya know. The only thing I still hate was how much defense was gimped. I liked my tiered defenses.
"What happens when 2 rockets collide?"-LostProphet24 on TF2
"one becomes a pot of petunias, the other becomes a sperm whale"-scaredofbears

User Info: Troa Barton

Troa Barton
8 years ago#8
STEAM operates on supply and demand... If people will pay $50 for a game still, they're not going to lower the price. Selling a game for $2.50 means either no one knows about it, it was already a very very low costing game, or the game has virtually no demand for it.

And yes, this game is basically a graphically updated, otherwise nerfed, version of Sup Com.

User Info: Rattlesnake_8

Rattlesnake_8
8 years ago#9

Psalm51 posted...
$2.50 for Sup Com 2? "How are the mighty fallen," indeed. I was contemplating attempting my first campaign FAQ for this game, but I'm having second thoughts now. This board is nearly deserted (that for a nine month block-buster game,) there is over 4 GB of patches to download (that's what other posters say) and the fact that Steam are selling it for very little, it just doesn't seem worth the effort to produce the FAQ. As mentioned in my topic post, I've recently become a fan of Gas Powered Games and it's a shame to see this game so ignored.

---
Are you forgiven yet? You should be...

Its a steam deal... thats what they do, to bring more life back into games. Its an incredible deal and im picking it up right now.

User Info: Rakaija

Rakaija
8 years ago#10
Virtual copies don't really apply to supply and demand the same way physical copies do. Price can shift far more often and more drastically than the physical copies, even with popular games. At least, this is how I've noticed it.
What you are I was, what I am you will be.
  1. Boards
  2. Supreme Commander 2
  3. one of the best steam deals.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers