• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamfall Chapters
  3. Kickstarter is go!!

User Info: MrBanballow

MrBanballow
6 years ago#1
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey

... been up less than a day and already ¼ of the way there. In for my Boxed Collector's Edition.
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008

User Info: Schmeman

Schmeman
6 years ago#2
Super excited... although money is tight at the moment. Can only give a little but I can't wait to play the game! :)

I'll still be waiting a while though :P
Alex

User Info: GyRo567

GyRo567
6 years ago#3
It's been fully funded, but the final stretch goal appears to be a remake of The Longest Journey.
sometimes i fantasize about gyro.... one day, he will evolve into pure energy and become lord of the universe. he is love. ~Nater255

User Info: lostn

lostn
6 years ago#4
Come on guys... spread the word to all your friends and other adventure gaming boards!

Let's try and get the $2 million.

User Info: MrBanballow

MrBanballow
6 years ago#5
... very tempted to upgrade to the Wonkers USB edition for the extra $90, because Wonkers. Really want the boxed edition though. What to do, what to do... ?
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008

User Info: AIiase

AIiase
6 years ago#6
This seriously has been the longest wait

User Info: KthulhuX

KthulhuX
6 years ago#7
GyRo567 posted...
It's been fully funded, but the final stretch goal appears to be a remake of The Longest Journey.

Not a remake, a direct sequel. As in it continues and concludes April Ryan's story.

User Info: GyRo567

GyRo567
6 years ago#8
It did come to light that Funcom is working on an iOS version of The Longest Journey, but just to clarify a few things more relevant here.

Dreamfall Chapters is a direct sequel to Dreamfall, which will have similar 3D gameplay (sans fighting/stealth, thankfully) and will conclude Zoe's story.

The Longest Journey Home is a direct sequel to The Longest Journey, and it will feature 2D hand drawn artwork with 3D characters overlain, just like TLJ. It will take us through April's story in between the previous games & a bit past that. It is not going to be fully funded by the Dreamfall Chapters kickstarter, as that game remains the priority, but this last stretch goal would help them get a jump on pre-production. The intent is clearly to make this game eventually, either way.
sometimes i fantasize about gyro.... one day, he will evolve into pure energy and become lord of the universe. he is love. ~Nater255
  1. Boards
  2. Dreamfall Chapters
  3. Kickstarter is go!!
  • Topic Archived