The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DJ Max Fever
  3. [[[ !!!! *** Official Help Topic/FAQ/Guide *** !!!! ]]]

User Info: nunuu

nunuu
10 years ago#1
Figured that we need one of these now since common questions are starting to pop up. (Rant: Still don't understand why in all hell do these infernal forums NOT allow people to search IN topics? Database size issues? Strains on servers? They figure the feature would be useless!? Searching topics tend to be useless because 90% of the time, they consist of "Need help" as its header. 9_9)

I don't have time at the moment to do any of the Q&A (cuz most of it was spent whining about the lack of in-topic search) but I just started the thread so others can contribute! :D

Guess I'll do the obligatory plug too: Ye olde Beginner's Guide to DJ Max Fever - http://koukoupuffs.googlepages.com/

nunuu
10 years ago#2
Oh yeah, you can always use the find feature of your browser to search for stuff. ^^;

User Info: 1CECr34M

1CECr34M
10 years ago#3
Official? I think not.

nunuu
10 years ago#4
Whoops. Meant Unofficial. XD! I should stop posting so early in the morning. >_>

nunuu
10 years ago#5
[[ FOR PLAYERS NEW TO DJMAX SERIES ]]
-------------------
For brief gameplay information that was not covered in the manual, check the beginner's guide at http://koukoupuffs.googlepages.com/

For in-depth info (some of which does not apply to Fever) at the DJMAX Portable 2 FAQ at http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=938196&topic=47109321

[[ COMMON QUESTIONS ]]
-------------------
Q. Is the DJMAX Portable 2 demo an example of the difficulty in Fever?
A. Please don't allow that demo scare you away from playing DJ Max Fever! Sunset Rider is a Level 5 5-Button song. The actual game itself features a several play modes ranging from 4-button to 8-button, many tunes on varying levels, and three levels of gameplay difficulty (Easy, Normal, and Hard) so don't worry! There are a lot of easier (and better) songs for you to play. :D

Q: How do I unlock characters, gears, notes, or images?
A: Most items can be unlocked through play count, levelling up, comboing (that is, cumulative combo in Freestyle), or completing missions in Xtreme Challenge mode. Unconfirmed for DJ Max Fever is if every character is only unlockable through Xtreme Challenges as in DJMAX Portable 2 (except for the few that were only available via the Link Disc feature). Full comboing a song on any #B difficulty once will also net you one image for it in the IMAGE gallery.

Q. For unlock purposes, how do I know how many songs I've played?
A. You don't unless you manually keep track of it. However, you can sort of figure it out if you know when certain items or images are unlocked and start counting from there.

Q: The manual shows there's an 8-button mode but I don't see it in the play menu. Why not?
A. If you switch to Hard difficulty, it will be available from the start. Otherwise, for Easy and Normal, you will need to play 300 songs in Freestyle or #B Tune modes to unlock it.

Q. Why is it that when I hit the wrong button, the game still registers it as being correct? Is it a glitch in the game?
A. It's not a glitch. It's known as the auto-correct system.

Q. How do I turn off auto-correct?
A. You can't, unfortunately.

nunuu
10 years ago#6
Q. How many songs are there in total?
A. Final total should be 60 (including the song that is only available for play as a bonus stage in #B Mode). The complete tracklist is as follows (thanks to hardcore rpg gamer):

Enemy Storm
Extreme Z4
Luv Flow
Never Say
Ray of Illuminati
Another Day
A Lie
Brave it Out
JBG
Fentanest
FTR
On
Let's Go Baby
Jupiter Driving
Elastic Star
Kuda
Dream of You
memoirs
Hamsin
Astro Fight
Blythe
Brain Storm
Brandnew Days
Bye Bye Love
Sin the Last Scene
Chain of Gravity
Divine Service
Fallen Angel
For Seasons
Get on Top
Goody Bye
higher
Ladymade Star
Mess it Up
miles
Your Own Miracle
NB Ranger
NB Rangers: Returns
NB POWER
plastic method
Seeker
Syriana
sO mUCH iN LUV
SQUEEZE
Sunset Rider
Starfish
Stay With Me
Teakwonburi
WhiteBlue
Yo Creo Que Si
My Alias
One the Love (Wonder Love, lol)
Every Morning
Oblivion
Rock or Die
Piano Concerto No.1
End of the Moonlight
Outlaw
Nightmare
Hip Hop Rescue

Q. What are the unlockable tracks?
A. Here's the rundown with unlock conditions, courtesy of hardcore rpg gamer:

Fentanest | Clear 1340 Songs
FTR | Get a Combo of 4000 in Freestyle or Reach Level 45
KUDA | Get a Combo of 7800 in Freestyle
Brain Storm | Clear 1352 songs
NB Rangers Returns | Clear 1368 songs
NB Power | Clear "Return of the Dragon" Mission or clear 410 songs
Plastic Method | Clear "NB VS. Envy" Mission or Collect 12 different Discs or clear 1045 songs
Starfish | Clear 1293 songs or Clear 40 songs in Link Disc (No Link Disc Mode...)
Yo Creo Que Si | Clear 1380 Songs
My Alias | Reach Level 10 or Clear 1381 Songs
Nightmare | Collect 18 different Discs or clear 1390 Songs

Q. What!? SIN isn't on there!?
A. No. No, it's not.

Q. What are the unlock conditions for characters, gears, notes, and images?
A. No one's compiled a list just yet. However, they should more or less be the same as DJMAX Portable 2. (See the Cheats section at the DJMP2 page here at GameFAQs.)

Q. How come 5B mode has less songs than the other modes?
A. 5B mode was only in Portable 2 which means that only the 5-button that game tracks are available for play.

Q. Are the note patterns the same as in DJMP & DJMP2?
A. As far as anyone can tell, yes.

nunuu
10 years ago#7
Q. What changes have been made in Fever from Portable 2?
A. There are many aside from the obvious aesthetic changes such as the Fever logo, cover, and UMD image, etc. and tracklisting:

1. Opening video of Your Own Miracle in Fever is from DJMAX Portable Clazziquai Edition. (DJ Max Fever logo substitutes the Portable one in the vid.)
2. Link Disc feature for Portable 2 to link to Portable has been removed. (This is sort of a no-brainer ...)
3. 2 videos have been removed from the MEDIA menu.
4. Some thumbnails and descriptions are different in the M/V menu.
5. ALBUM has been removed. (This was how players kept track of play counts in P2.)
6. You can now go past level 30 on Easy difficulty. (Yes, DJMAX Portable 2 had a level cap on Easy.)
7. The score penalty on Easy difficulty is now just 0.05 less than Normal. Here's the comparison chart between all three difficulty modes (again, provided by hardcore rpg gamer):

Easy / Normal / Hard
1.10 / 0.88 / 0.54 - Judgement
0.50 / 1.20 / 3.00 - Damage
1.50 / 1.00 / 0.20 - Heal
0.70 / 1.00 / 1.30 - EXP
0.70 / 1.00 / 1.50 - Gold
0.95 / 1.00 / 1.30 - Score
99 / 99 / 99 - Max Level

8. The ECS (Entire Control System) -- or the green note that controls the background music -- has been added to Fever. (It first appeared in DJMAX Portable Black Square.)
9. The auto-correct system (also from BS).
10. Immense amounts of title versus image errors in the IMAGE menu -- that is, the image with be of one song and the title of it is another. >_>
11. Some songs have dual splash images on certain #B modes. (Unsure if this happens in the HD and MX versions though.)
12. 8B mode load screens no longer show the song name.
13. The song sets and the mission objectives in the Xtreme Challenges are easier for the most part.
14. Some of the mini discs under the score on the song select menu such as the Minor Disc, Poor Disc, and Max Combo Disc.
15. The confirmation and cancel buttons have been switched around to the US set -- i.e. X for confirming and O for cancel.
16. The instruction manual doesn't contain all the useful information that the P2 one had.

[[ KNOWN BUGS ]]
-------------------

~ Stages do not load when Ruby Spinel gear is equipped ~
This has been confirmed by several forum members. Switch to another gear to resume gameplay. (The gear is unlocked at level 47.)

~ Certain music videos only play for a few seconds ~
So far, the only reported ones are Sin the last scene and Astro Fight. It looks to be an issue with the way PM Studios put things together ...

[[ TIDBITS ]]
-------------------

~ Link Disc menu is visible ~
If you rapidly move between the Collection and M/V menu titles, you will actually spot the Link Disc menu title. It is not accessible, however. :P (Thanks to Zaitoch for the info.)
hardcore rpg gamer 10 years ago#8
For pretty much all of the non-song unlocks, look here (ignore the OSTs though, I don't think you unlock any in Fever...).

Pretty much everything can be unlock by play counts though, except for like 3 Media (should get those by leveling), and 11 of the Avatars (only obtainable from some of the early missions).

I could make a list of that if you guys want. Last play count unlock is at 1431 songs cleared.
The line below is true.
The line above is false.

nunuu
10 years ago#9
Section extensions and/or corrections. I'll correct spelling errors and crap when/if I do another edition of this topic.

Bug additions gleaned from Bemanistyle.com DJ MAX - EZ2DJ forum:

[[ COMMON QUESTIONS ]]
-------------------
Q: How do I unlock characters, gears, notes, or images?
A: Most items can be unlocked through play count, levelling up, comboing (that is, cumulative combo in Freestyle), completing missions in Xtreme Challenge mode, or going head to head with someone (or yourself if you have another PSP and copy of the game XD) in Network mode.

Unconfirmed for DJ Max Fever is if every character is only unlockable through Xtreme Challenges as in DJMAX Portable 2 (except for the few that were only available via the Link Disc feature). Full comboing a song on any #B difficulty once will also net you one image for it in the IMAGE gallery.

Q: How do I play the bonus track?
A. Get 96% overall average on any #B Tunes/stage mode.

Q: A song that I unlocked for Freestyle only shows up in one button mode. What gives?
A. You must play that song in the corresponding #B Tunes mode to unlock it. Some exceptions apply to 5-button though.

Q: Can I change speed during a FEVER?
A. No.

Q. What happened to the supposed inclusion of Dreadnought?
A. Well, I'm not sure if DJMF executive producer Michael Yum ever promised that it would be in the game. I believe he only said that nothing would be censored like in the International version of DJMAX Portable.

Q. What changes have been made in Fever from Portable 2?
A. 17. HipHop Rescue is an exclusive tune in Fever.

[[ KNOWN BUGS ]]
-------------------
~ Stages do not load/game freezes when Ruby Spinel gear is equipped ~
This has been confirmed by several forum members. Exit out of the game or fully turn the PSP off and on. Load up DJMF again and switch to another gear to resume gameplay. (The gear is unlocked at level 47.)

~ A song does not appear in Freestyle despite the pop-up notice indicating that it's there ~
To rectify this, play the song again in #B Tunes/stage mode.

~ Game freezes after exiting the Collection menu ~
This seems to only happen to some copies of the games. Unsure of conditions/reasons.

~ OST list mode does not function properly, may cause freezing ~
Apparently, only the first song may play and/or the list may reset itself. Skipping to the next track may also cause the game to hang.

Lots of game freezing bugs, I tell you ... PM Studios, WTF is wrong with you? >_>

nunuu
10 years ago#10
[[ COMMON QUESTIONS ]]
-------------------
Q: How do I pass Xtreme Challenges with objectives that ask me to to use FEVER x-amount of times? I can hit x2 Fever a billion times In a stage but I still fail the mission.
A: FEVER mission conditions require you to *chain* x-amount of times in a row *without letting a single FEVER run out*. So, if you're being asked to use FEVER 3 times every stage, that means you have to reach x4 FEVER in each song. Now, as to how to go about achieving the chaining, the key really is timing and accuracy. Remember that FEVERs that aren't triggered can be used at any time so it's best to use it when you know an upcoming section of a song has a lot of notes or holds to play (although holds don't charge the gauge as quickly as single notes). Hitting 100% MAX on every note also helps a great deal and can even be vital in some challenges when it comes to charging the FEVER gauge. Also, it's recommended that you use equipment that increases the speed you obtain a FEVER.

Q: I can't get the game to load. How come?
A. Are you playing from the UMD or ISO? If it's the latter, go save up money or trade in some games to buy DJ Max Fever.

Q: I already have DJMP/P2/CE/BS. Should I buy DJMF as well?
A. You should buy it to:
a) support the local economy
b) support PM Studios and SCEA to make them aware that the DJMAX series does have fans in the Western world.
c) add it to your collection
d) experience the glitches and bugs so you can band together with the growing number of discontent players to give PM Studios a piece of their mind on the rushed product.
  1. Boards
  2. DJ Max Fever
  3. [[[ !!!! *** Official Help Topic/FAQ/Guide *** !!!! ]]]
  • Topic Archived