• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
  3. this game kind of sucked compared to the first....*spoilers*

User Info: Elrobe2

Elrobe2
7 years ago#1
what was the deal with sylvia speaking behind that glass window? and other than that, there was almost no story. simple revenge, that's it. the first game had a lot more gameplay and more depth. the ending sucked too, compared to the first. no special ending? am i missing something really important?
Where'd you get that suit? The toilet store?

User Info: Xavier_On_High

Xavier_On_High
7 years ago#2
When Travis took down the UAA, Sylvia no longer had a job and resolved to work as a stripper at a peep show. She's highly skilled, and could probably have found another way to make money, but the way she talks about the events of the game implies that she's given up hope.

In addition to that, the peep show scenes are a reference to a famous cult film whose name and director eludes me. I know Quentin Tarantino has cited it as one of his favourite films, though.

As for the game having no story, I disagree. It has no exposition; there are very few scenes of characters standing around talking about what's going on. But that's just one side of the story-telling coin. Action is an equally valid way to tell a story. Why should gameplay not be considered part of the story-telling process? You might as well say battle scenes in films aren't part of the story. If it's a war film, it makes absolutely no sense to say that.

It is sometimes nice to have characters talking about the story, but because Travis' motive was much clearer this time, there simply wasn't any need for it.

As for the game not having a "True Ending" like the first game...yeah, I would have liked that too.
"Interesting how life goes. Forty-eight hours ago, I was a quadriplegic. Now I'm drinking beer on the moon." - Dr. Clef, the SCP Foundation

User Info: Ytterbium_70

Ytterbium_70
7 years ago#3
Yeah, the ending absolutely blew a bunch of potential. I mean, the final boss is one of the worst ever.
Golden Sun isn't half-bad, but it needs to cut the crap with the Yes/No questions, which make Zubats look like thylacines in comparison.

User Info: 22vamos22

22vamos22
7 years ago#4
I found the second far inferior too. The story wasn't as good, the lack of a huge empty 3D world in some respects made sense but also showed up the lack of variety in the game badly, the controls suffered when you controlled the female character, the indoor environments broke the camera, there were only 2 really good bosses in the game and worst of all, it jettisoned the quirky 'fun' and weird aspects of the first title for more blatant perving / cliched gore.

I loved the first, but see the second as one of the few videogame sequels that manages to be worse on almost every level.

The fight against the schoolgirl and rooftop battle were both great mind.

User Info: superdiddy34

superdiddy34
7 years ago#5
NMH had a Story?
Gamertag:Urbandemon34

User Info: NassaDane

NassaDane
7 years ago#6
--"In addition to that, the peep show scenes are a reference to a famous cult film whose name and director eludes me. I know Quentin Tarantino has cited it as one of his favourite films, though."--

Paris Texas. I was very surprised to see that huge reference in the game when I first played it. It was so in your face but I enjoyed it. I knew Suda got inspiration from the movies but
"Ignorance is Bliss"
  1. Boards
  2. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
  3. this game kind of sucked compared to the first....*spoilers*
  • Topic Archived