You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Althought currently not announced, several Pentavision developers made some shocking post on their personal blog that DJ MAX Portable - Black Square Edition is currently in state of hold in development. Even developers seems to shock that their project becomes in freeze state in such immediate fashion, because Black Square Edition is nearly in final stage of development and they were planning what to put on their limited edition package right before such announcement. Reason for such unfortunate event is quite simply put by the developer themselves: Piracy. Day before official release date, the ISO image of the DJ MAX - Clazziquai Edition hit the internet site, spreading very quickly due to high speed internet connection that South Korea has. This event made father company (probably neowiz) in state of panic thus making this project to be freezed. However, developers who posted unfortunate news in personal blog also mentions afterwards that project is NOT CANCELLED and promised now to disappoint the gamers whos waiting for the game. Again, this event is currently not officially announced, but this is safe to take as a fact that Black Square Edition is in hold states and it is unlikely to hit this promised date of november 2008 release date.
>>this is my opinion but if Black square doesnt come out for the psp, then the psp is dead to me(ill still play the other DJMAX "awesome") but there arnt anymore games to look forward too. . errr... no one said its not coming out, its merely delayed (or so the rumor goes). I doubt they will stop the production, since they are pretty much finished with making the game, it'll be nonsense to then decide to not market it. My biggest question for all the ppl saying it got delayed due to piracy...is why hasn't anyone posted any link related to the info? anywaz...it should be clear in the next few days, or a week or two on whether the delay is a rumor or not.