• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. PSA: remember to spectate Worlds to farm Orange Essence
condre 3 months ago#1
I just wanted to recommend watching as many world games as you can if you are not already. If you can't or don't want to spectate them, just mute the stream and put it in background. The reason is this year games drop a huge amount of loot orbs, triggering on steals, aces and so on. These orbs contain mostly some ugly icons and some decent emotes (but I also somehow got a Braum esports chroma from them).

After a couple days of watching, though, the interesting part begins. These loots include only a limited amount of different icon/emotes, so you'll start to pull a lot of duplicates. These duplicates will still stay in your loot tab waiting for interaction. While you can only reroll duplicate emotes for some unowned ones (unless you already own every emote I think) you can dust duplicate icons instead, for 125 OE. Just watching the final day of Group A yesterday gave me about 600+ easy essence
MH Tri: Piseldur (87YWGL EU servers)
sauceje 3 months ago#2
Yeah I have a ton of OE from this lol
if only I had BE tho
He was born in a coop, raised in a cage, children fear him, critics rage,
He's half alive, he's half dead, folks just call him Buckethead
TomorrowDog 3 months ago#3
Also go on Coinbase and watch like 10 minutes of corporate ads for crypto to get $30-40 worth of that crypto.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.
Grey_Locus 3 months ago#4
Thanks for the public PSA.

I thought drops were quite rare so I never bothered to watch live games, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
condre 3 months ago#5
Grey_Locus posted...
Thanks for the public PSA.

I thought drops were quite rare so I never bothered to watch live games, I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Tbh today the drops were a little fewer (four capsules in total I think, I got 250 OE and two good emotes from them), but still worth if you can leave the stream open effortlessly
refmon 3 months ago#6
How many drops until duplicates? I opened maybe 12 and still getting more new ones
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
condre 3 months ago#7
refmon posted...
How many drops until duplicates? I opened maybe 12 and still getting more new ones
You may need one or two more days to get there, I think there are like a dozen different icons and as many emotes you can pull. I am also not sure if you can start pulling duplicates before you have them all, I already opened several duplicates of the hype pengu emotes but still haven't find the surprised Pikachu Teemo one which I think is part of the available loot.
HipsterSora 3 months ago#8
i'm at 23 drops and still getting icons. it probably depends on if you already had some of the past season esports icons or not
Current on One Piece :: Zou arc on rewatch
Have not played League of Legends since 07/15/2021
condre 3 months ago#9
HipsterSora posted...
i'm at 23 drops and still getting icons. it probably depends on if you already had some of the past season esports icons or not
Well I had most of the watch mission reward icons from past years, so that may have made it faster.

On a side note, with the constant emote rerolling of last days I'm getting close to owning every emote in the game, I'm like 260/290 right now. I also finally got the Grouchy Poppy emote I was waiting for since emotes were introduced
Dref151 3 months ago#10
The rewards aren't worth me turning it on in the back round let alone actually watching it.

Do rewards actually get people to watch? If you wanted to see them then you would anyway, the most someone like me will do is turn it on and do something else.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. PSA: remember to spectate Worlds to farm Orange Essence
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A