• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone tried other MOBA's compared to league?

User Info: murrowboy1

murrowboy1
4 weeks ago#1
Hon is.. DEAD. Isn't Dota2 pretty good? Maybe I'll pick it up. HOTS is blizzard's attempt and stealing league's thunder but failed.

I forgot what was that other one... Smite...

What do you think Riot's doing right that they're all not? Might have been a one time thing, because I don't think Valorant holds up to Apex Legends and Overwatch.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#2
murrowboy1 posted...
HOTS is blizzard's attempt and stealing league's thunder but failed.

Heroes was Blizzard's attempt to fill a different MOBA niche that they created a playerbase for and then later abandoned for LCS-styled competitive money, which caused the game to implode because they took everything that its already-established playerbase enjoyed about the game and started homogenizing it which pleased neither crowd.

Anyways Fortnite is obviously the superior MOBA.
This isn't even a millionth, billionth of my rage

User Info: murrowboy1

murrowboy1
4 weeks ago#3
SpunkySix posted...

Anyways Fortnite is obviously the superior MOBA.

You can't really compare Fortnite's 3rd person style to a point and click game like League. I wouldn't even compare it to Valorant or overwatch.

Also any thoughts on other Mobas I mentioned? Hon or Smite? lol
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: typhone004

typhone004
4 weeks ago#4
Adventure time battle party was really done. Riot could take some notes.
"1/128 item on a first try. What are the odds?"
I flushed my fish down the toilet so he could die as he lived. With me treating him like s***.

User Info: refmon

refmon
4 weeks ago#5
I don't think HOTS numbers ever grew too high.
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#6
murrowboy1 posted...
You can't really compare Fortnite's 3rd person style to a point and click game like League

idk fam I'm seeing a 1-1 here
This isn't even a millionth, billionth of my rage

User Info: AHRaven

AHRaven
4 weeks ago#7
I enjoyed HOTS and played a little bit of Smite with friends.

Also tried Dota 2 via a custom mode and it was such a miserable experience (For reasons out of my control) I never wanted to touch it again
Not changing this until Mega Man Legends 3 is back in development.
Started: 07/29/2011
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
4 weeks ago#8
Only one I ever tried was Smite because a friend played it. Really didn't enjoy the controls or camera angle. League is often called the casual Dota2 because there's a LOT more stuff to keep track of in Dota2 comparatively. People who want an experience with more depth will probably enjoy Dota2 more than League, but again, haven't tried it to know. HOTS was supposed to be the super casual MOBA. I know it never got very popular and I think Blizzard has abandoned the competitive scene, so people aren't sure about the long term viability of it.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
4 weeks ago#9
Tried Smite, but it just didn't catch me like League. Still waiting for that Pokemon Moba.
I once had a dream where Vulpix was playable in Smash. I fully support this now.

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
4 weeks ago#10
Awesomenauts was pretty fun but I can't imagine the community is very active anymore, would be cool if it was
I actually prefer the purple stuff
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone tried other MOBA's compared to league?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A