• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Duskblade Katarina?

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
3 weeks ago#1
I know AD Kat has made somewhat if a resurgence, but has anyone tried this? Get a kill to proc both it and lower her CDs, stealth until they're back up, then rinse and repeat while being untargetable because Stealth is healthy.

And she probably wouldn't have to go full Lethality, but I don't know Kat well enough to say. If there are any people who play her well here, what are your thoughts?
I once had a dream where Vulpix was playable in Smash. I fully support this now.

User Info: CQtheFighter

CQtheFighter
3 weeks ago#2
I've done it in norms but it's not viable. For plenty of reasons. AD Kat isn't super viable unless you immediately start snowballing out of control. This is fun for messing around though. But because you don't auto attack alot outside of laning phase, and most her damage is magic. The lethality really doesn't do anything for her. And AD on Kat without at speed is terrible.
PSN: CQ_The_Great XBL: Quick CQ
Train like a mad man, perform like a genius

User Info: Srheeropercent

Srheeropercent
3 weeks ago#3
Thanks, I hate it.

Wouldn't want to play against a Katarina who can turn into an Evelynn (invis).
---------------------------------------------------------
Switch Friend Code - SW-7173-9981-4996. Aprimon list http://tiny.cc/mlvxkz

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
3 weeks ago#4
Issue is, katarina resets her cds she doean't lower then (as all of her cds are under 15 sec minus her ult). So duskblade doesn't help her much. Also having a bunch of aoe doesn't help either.

User Info: generalguy64

generalguy64
3 weeks ago#5
CQtheFighter posted...
I've done it in norms but it's not viable. For plenty of reasons. AD Kat isn't super viable unless you immediately start snowballing out of control. This is fun for messing around though. But because you don't auto attack alot outside of laning phase, and most her damage is magic. The lethality really doesn't do anything for her. And AD on Kat without at speed is terrible.
Doesn't Shunpo have an auto reset?
I once had a dream where Vulpix was playable in Smash. I fully support this now.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#6
Sounds like an item that you buy when you could build anything and win. She gets more value out of other items early and doesn't care about giving other items ability haste because of her passive. If she was strictly looking to go AD (or mostly AD) she would just get more value out of Divine Sunderer, Prowler's Claw or even Eclipse than she would Duskblade.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
3 weeks ago#7
Here's the thing to keep in mind: people aren't specifically building "AD Kat", they're building "On-Hit Kat." The reason being because her ult now applies on-hit affects. Duskblade wouldn't really fit into it considering the 15 second cooldown on it's on-hit. Granted, it does reset on a takedown, but that's still not the kind of thing Kat is looking for with her on-hit build. She wants things that can be applied numerous times in rapid succession. That's why something like Kraken Slayer is very strong on her: every 3rd dagger in her ult procs Kraken Slayer's true damage on multiple targets.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: Ryuko_Chan

Ryuko_Chan
3 weeks ago#8
:poop:
- silverhyruler post

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#9
RJ1771 posted...
Here's the thing to keep in mind: people aren't specifically building "AD Kat", they're building "On-Hit Kat." The reason being because her ult now applies on-hit affects. Duskblade wouldn't really fit into it considering the 15 second cooldown on it's on-hit. Granted, it does reset on a takedown, but that's still not the kind of thing Kat is looking for with her on-hit build. She wants things that can be applied numerous times in rapid succession. That's why something like Kraken Slayer is very strong on her: every 3rd dagger in her ult procs Kraken Slayer's true damage on multiple targets.

Yep. Kraken Slayer seems to be the most popular item for on hit Katarina while Riftmaker/Rocketbelt/Night Harvester seem equally spread out for AP builds. Worth noting that even AP builds often still get BoRK at least at some point.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: CQtheFighter

CQtheFighter
3 weeks ago#10
generalguy64 posted...
Doesn't Shunpo have an auto reset?
It doesn't always work. But even so. Once lane is over you will go from dagger to dagger more often. Weaving in less and less autos
PSN: CQ_The_Great XBL: Quick CQ
Train like a mad man, perform like a genius
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Duskblade Katarina?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A