• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. The production value of this game's Esports is a joke.

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
1 month ago#1
The people they have casting are cringe as f***. I used to like the days of Cloud 9 better.

User Info: AC_Dragonfire

AC_Dragonfire
1 month ago#2
And Moscow 5

User Info: TwoStrikes94

TwoStrikes94
1 month ago#3
league probably has the best on screen talent of any videogame i know of
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAQOiqKRg

User Info: BinBinricecake

BinBinricecake
1 month ago#4
Anything better then that one commentator in the fgc that literally repeated everything the other dude said.
"Oh ma gawd! He did a 241 upper! What a move!!!!"
"ma gawd.........241 upper....a move....."
"Taking the low to fuzzy to bait it out.......a hit confirm? Nahhh, it isn't but he's gonna come around."
"......the low........bait it........a confirm.........he's gonna come around....."
And it was like that. FOR THE WHOLE f***ING HOUR

And as long as they can tell what's going on right there and then, I don't think the casters are bad. What's so cringe about them?
Gamefaqs ps4,xbox 1, and switch boards have become damn pathetic places. Why do I bother coming here at all?

User Info: Kenji Murasame

Kenji Murasame
1 month ago#5
I can't stand their e-sports presentation.

First of all, the zoomed out camera is crap. Their camera work also sucks. Why do they lock the camera on players too, is a human even controlling this camera?. There's no effort in their camera work at all, often you'll see them just cut to another lane for a second and go right back, as if they swapped by accident. But mostly the damned zoom, it is just too far out, you only need that extreme overview crap if the fight is taking place over a large area like baron! 90% of the match I want to actually see what people are doing!

Secondly, the commentary is just overexcited nerds. It's the same problem as the FGC, instead of hiring good commentators they hire a bunch of pros whose nuts have hardly dropped. ALL E-SPORTS need to take a note from real sports, your commentary team needs to consist of one tired old man who was not a pro but knows the game very well to do play by play, and another tired old man who was a pro to provide some insights and speculation occasionally. 2 hyperactive ex-pro commentators speculating constantly just drowns the content with a whole lot of nothing.

User Info: HagenEx

HagenEx
1 month ago#6
It's f***ing e-sports. This ain't MLB or NBA or European Football.

Commentary SHOULD BE CRINGE. Like, this is not debatable. It's a videogame.
I need a new sig

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#7
HagenEx posted...
It's a videogame.

So what?
Meh-meh, gamerpon me try to find PS5 but is impossible. Friends help?

User Info: HagenEx

HagenEx
1 month ago#8
SpunkySix posted...
So what?

It's not a real sport, so it doesn't require professionals casting it.

It's entertainment. Nobody watches competitive LoL to see some dude in a suit take 23 minutes to explain why someone built Black Cleaver on Lee Sin.

We watch it to see some four eyed nerd lose his s*** when someone steals a Baron.
I need a new sig

User Info: LooneyWabbit

LooneyWabbit
1 month ago#9
HagenEx posted...
It's not a real sport, so it doesn't require professionals casting it.

It's entertainment. Nobody watches competitive LoL to see some dude in a suit take 23 minutes to explain why someone built Black Cleaver on Lee Sin.

We watch it to see some four eyed nerd lose his s*** when someone steals a Baron.
I mean you do you I guess. Definitely qualities as a real sport.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#10
LooneyWabbit posted...
I mean you do you I guess. Definitely qualities as a real sport.

Even if it doesn't, "it's just entertainment" is a really lame reason to not have good announcers.

HagenEx posted...
Nobody watches competitive LoL to see some dude in a suit take 23 minutes to explain why someone built Black Cleaver on Lee Sin.

Nobody watches sports for the announcers either.
Meh-meh, gamerpon me try to find PS5 but is impossible. Friends help?
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. The production value of this game's Esports is a joke.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A