• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why do people play this game if they're always getting upset by it?

User Info: HyperTailsMan

HyperTailsMan
1 month ago#1
I don’t think I’ve ever found as generally ANGRY community as the MOBA one, especially LoL, so I have to wonder why, when so many people get constantly upset by this game, that they don’t go play something else?
Just call me HTM.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#2
The eternal question.
...but we cannot be reckless!

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
1 month ago#3
Often the anger people feel isn't towards the game directly but rather more obscure, less tangible aspects of it. Like a certain player you hope you never have to play with again, or a OP champion that will be getting eventually nerfed. The game itself is fun.
Playing GBF, DS1R, Hades | Reading Jojolion, One Piece current
"It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts." -keybladesrus

User Info: reignofkain

reignofkain
1 month ago#4
SpunkySix posted...
The eternal question.
With no answer
"You keep on meta-chasing, and you're just gonna get on that one way train to burnout (both yourself, and maybe your wallet)." -CJwat11

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
1 month ago#5
The community isn't even that bad its just fun to meme about

I found Counter Strike way more toxic back in the day, I don't play that game anymore and haven't in over a decade but I could imagine its still pretty awful, PvPing in MMOs was generally more toxic than my LoL experience has been as well
I actually prefer the purple stuff

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
1 month ago#6
Sunk cost fallacy.

also sometimes you just want to do a 30 minute distraction and walk away with -something-, even if it's not a win.

Granted, riot removed the BE incentive forever ago but still.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: 8420

1 month ago#7
The majority of the playerbase in LoL is in denial - they think they're having fun, but they're not. They're just going through the motions, or they're trying to subjugate someone under their (e-)foot and think they'll find something worthwhile that way... But they won't and they don't. They keep lying to themselves, and, when something inevitably goes wrong and someone they're connected to loses (which happens in games), then they flip out at the tiniest thing.

sigh
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#8
This is super validating btw. js
...but we cannot be reckless!

User Info: MJR_Raikov

MJR_Raikov
1 month ago#9
Humans are strange creatures.
Do not give the kodesh to kelevim nor throw your pearls before chazirim, lest they will trample them with their feet and turn around and tear you into pieces.

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
1 month ago#10
Why do drunks keep getting wasted by alcohol when they know they're financially and emotionally destroying themselves and their families?

The answer is Teemo.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
https://i.imgur.com/91NC0Cb.mp4
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why do people play this game if they're always getting upset by it?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A