• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So I finally realized why Riot prefers new champs over re-works

User Info: murrowboy1

murrowboy1
1 month ago#1
Aside from the fact that they can potentially make more money (duh). It's the damn Skins that'll must be difficult as hell to produce. When you re-work a champ, you gotta make sure all the skins are updated too.

That's why I don't think Annie is gonna get a re-work any time soon.. She has WAYYYY too many skins... I think Legendary skins must be a pain. And since people already own them, they're basically working for free. Poor annie.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#2
murrowboy1 posted...
And since people already own them, they're basically working for free

You mean minus the truck load of money they'll make off of people buying more of them once they look better, right?

Because if that's working for free then I'm way underpaid for my job since evidently I make much less than nothing per hour.
...but we cannot be reckless!

murrowboy1
1 month ago#3
SpunkySix posted...
You mean minus the truck load of money they'll make off of people buying more of them once they look better, right?

Because if that's working for free then I'm way underpaid for my job since evidently I make much less than nothing per hour.

How are you paying for something you already own? If I own an annie skin, a re-worked annie would update all the skins I own. I don't have to buy them again. Or it'll be robbery.

User Info: refmon

refmon
1 month ago#4
murrowboy1 posted...
It's the damn Skins that'll must be difficult as hell to produce. When you re-work a champ, you gotta make sure all the skins are updated too.
That's what I thought too but Mundo has 10 or 11 skins
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!

murrowboy1
1 month ago#5
refmon posted...
That's what I thought too but Mundo has 10 or 11 skins

Obviously they have to do some of them. They can't just avoid champs with lots of skins forever. Swain had quite a few skins and they re-worked him completely. Same with Sion, complete update, I don't even remember his old kit..

SpunkySix
1 month ago#6
murrowboy1 posted...
How are you paying for something you already own?

I'm not, but the people who don't own the skins yet are likely to when they get a big visual upgrade.

User Info: Kenji Murasame

Kenji Murasame
1 month ago#7
Nah don't be fooled. They sell a lot of skins on the champion re-release. It might sting them a little that old skins are actually reasonably priced.. but that's another issue.

I think it's just their strategy is bringing in new champions will bring new people into the game. They are targeting archetypes (visually and thematically) and stuff that they didn't have previously.

User Info: nowitsmytime

nowitsmytime
1 month ago#8
I wonder if Riot was losing money (or at least didn't see much gain) during that 2017-18 period where they reworked like 8 champions. Now they're doing one a year.
I'm still waiting on that XCX port, Nintendo.

User Info: Megeas

Megeas
1 month ago#9
You can honestly say that there much less champs they need to fully update and rework. The amount of champs with pizza feet or intentionally weak champs with broken abilities like Poppy's original passive and ult has been reduced heavily.

That said new champs are exciting. The teasers they can play and drum up hype. It's also one of the only ways they really have to advance the lore/story. Lucian and thresh had their histories tied but untill senna came out the story was just background. She coming into the game advanced that narrative.

SpunkySix
1 month ago#10
Megeas posted...
one of the only ways they really have to advance the lore/story

Ehhhh it's one of the more direct ways but they have plenty at their disposal, they just don't frequently actually make use of it.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So I finally realized why Riot prefers new champs over re-works
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A