• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: lonelymule

lonelymule
1 month ago#331
dkgerbil2 posted...
Tactical outperformed him most of this series, though. Zven hasn't impressed me much since his first year on G2. He's good but he's also massively overrated.
I haven't watched LCS this year but in this series Tactial looked better in lane but Zven far better in teamfights and flawless in games 4 and 5. Tactical solo threw game 4 big time. Was literally getting hit by Zoe sleep with his ult up on Xayah TWICE which is not acceptable for a pro

User Info: Solhdier

Solhdier
1 month ago#332
C9 MSI lets goooo.
Mexican ? Block

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
1 month ago#333
Fun finals this year both LCS and LEC. Would've preferred Rogue in MSI since they have better peaks but glad C9 gets to go.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 month ago#334
lonelymule posted...
I haven't watched LCS this year but in this series Tactial looked better in lane but Zven far better in teamfights and flawless in games 4 and 5. Tactical solo threw game 4 big time. Was literally getting hit by Zoe sleep with his ult up on Xayah TWICE which is not acceptable for a pro

I would argue Alphari or CoreJJ not taking the bubble for Tactical was more egregious than him not ulting as Xayah. CoreJJ actively dodged it at the last second near drake that cost them the game. Tactical was 100% more impactful in team fights early in the series, too. He solo won them game one with his fight at Elder alone and the analyst desk+casters were along out the strategy every fight was to dog pile Tactical and hope for the best. To still have the impact he did with that level of focus is more impressive than CoreJJ or Alphari not properly tanking a Zoe bubble is unforgivable. Honestly Tactical trying to go for the kill on Zven in game 5 when he had flash+Trist ult is one of the most egregious mistakes he made.

Zven also had some major boneheaded plays in the series like ulting into Baron pit to get deleted by Jensen immediately in game 3 or 4 (can't remember). He also had a moment in the Jensen TF game where he early cleansed a gold card and was forced to flash out of the fight as a result, then got punished IMMEDIATELY after for stepping up in lane alone with no summs while TF ult is up. If you're gonna point out flaws at least make sure you look at both and not just saying "wow Zven is so good and was better in team fights" just because of the two games C9 won to close the series.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
(edited 1 month ago)

lonelymule
1 month ago#335
Core literally keeps moving in the exact same direction when Perkz throws bubble. He's not actively dodging like you say and he could have intercepted but it looks like he expected Tactical to not get hit by it with how telegraphed it was and the fact he was on Xayah. It's serious gymnastics to try and argue that was anyone's fault but Tavtical's. The fight before that he beelines towards Perkz and gets hit by bubble while having ult up. The man had a very very bad game 4 no excuses to be made.

Zven's Kaisa ult game 3 was bad but it wasn't a pivotal fight and C9 still won the team fight while Tactical almost fully lost then game 4 when he died twice losing them team fights for mountain soul and elder drake. Anyway my comment in the first place wasn't to go comparing the two. I didn't watch the full series so not going to get into it besides the games I actually watched. Zven still played well and came up clutch in games 4 and 5 even if you feel like Tactical had the better series. He's all-pro first team for the split so is clearly playing at the same high level as last year and Tactical didn't make any all-pro team which is honestly surprising to me
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 month ago#336
lonelymule posted...
he expected Tactical to not get hit by it with how telegraphed it was and the fact he was on Xayah. It's serious gymnastics to try and argue that was anyone's fault but Tavtical's

Bulls***. Making your ADC use a crucial ult rather than taking the CC is objectively wrong for a tanky support. Calling the truth gymnastics doesn't make you right.

lonelymule posted...
He's all-pro first team for the split so is clearly playing at the same high level as last year and Tactical didn't make any all-pro team which is honestly surprising to me

Tactical had a really bad split compared to his summer performance and Worlds. He and CoreJJ were smashing lane every game in lock in but then it just stopped as the regular season began. Tactical started making baffling decisions that cost them games (awful pathing into lanes that gets him killed as the sole damage dealer in a one threat comp, Tristana jumping on top of opponents and dying before he gets the reset, etc.). Zven was first team because he's a good ADC on the top team in the league and the other ADCs who were better than him last year all regressed to varying degrees. Like I said, Zven is consistent and a good player but I haven't thought "man he's just so f***ing good" since year one on G2 (and more so back on Origen than even G2). His first team position is because he's on a good team and he had no high level competition for the spot rather than he played so well there was no other choice.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: SonicJetWave

SonicJetWave
1 month ago#337
Tactical getting tagged by the Zoe bubble was a bit troll, but it balances out since he won TL game 1 by himself with that insane Elder steal and picks onto Blaber

Overall he has a good series imo. Some of his deaths were his fault but TL really did grief him several times by leaving him to dry which made him look worse than he was. Worst of it was in games 2 and 4, especially when everyone on TL were flashing into C9's backline and left Tactical alone with the enemy Hecarim and Malphite lmao

As fantastic as Alphari's laning and mechanics are, I feel TL's teamfighting is a lot worse this year largely because of Impact's departure. Dude was always really good at recognizing when to peel back and dive. Combine Alphari's mechanics with Impact's game knowledge and you have the perfect top laner tbh

lonelymule posted...
Tactical didn't make any all-pro team which is honestly surprising to me

He was limit testing for most of the regular season. He played much better near the end and in playoffs(which is all that matters I suppose) but he was griefing for most of Spring

lonelymule
1 month ago#338
Tactical can sidestep a bubble and Core clearly assumed he would be able to do that. Worst case scenario there should be you have to burn ult on Xayah and maybe still play the fight well. No one has to tank that bubble and give C9 a big engage opportunity

I don't think I said he had a bad series at all in terms of overall quality but those are two key mistakes in pivotal game 4. As for Zven being best in a weak LCS pool is still pretty good to me. MSI will be his first international comp since coming to NA so we'll see how he stacks up to truly elite players
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: bd43

bd43
4 weeks ago#339
So with Nisqy ptobably going to 100T, Damonte should try to find his way behind Pobelter.
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.

User Info: SonicJetWave

SonicJetWave
4 weeks ago#340
Gonna assume Ssumday finally got his green card then

If that's not the case then you have to wonder if they're promoting Tenacity or Kenvi. Kenvi is probably a bit more LCS ready and I think Closer is a lot more replaceable then Ssumday is(even though he's a tad overrated in his own right imo)
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A