• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Which specific role would win in a 5v5 tourney? (e.g. 5 mid mains vs 5 jg mains)

User Info: Qask

Qask
3 weeks ago#1
80/80 - Results (40 votes)
20% (8 votes)
Jungle
17.5% (7 votes)
Mid
52.5% (21 votes)
ADC
2.5% (1 vote)
Support
7.5% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Assume you take the best 5 players in each role and put em in a team say for mid, you have Caps, Faker, Jensen, Rookie, Xiaohu vs adcs like Jackeylove, Uzi, Deft, Rekkles, Doublelift, (just going off the top of my head), who wins and where would you put a specific player?

Just theory crafting here because whichever role would win, it would show which role displayed a deep understanding of the game on a holistic basis.

IMO, placing would go like this:

1. Mid - best champ pool diversity, understanding their major influence in the map, versatile in any role since the majority of mid champion pools can transition to literally any other role. definitely contender for first place, but jungle mains would give these guys a challenge.

2. Jungle - best understanding of the most influential role in the game, but might have a hard time transitioning that to lane and would def have to focus on mid game shot calling to win.

3. Top - second best champ pool diversity IMO. these dudes would take higher risks and would probably want to fight the chance they get. their prowess would rely on champs that exceed in small skirmishes, but may lack macro understanding.

4. ADC - good understanding of very few champs may hinder these guys since they barely play melee champs. impressive mechanical skills and spacing but might feel trepidation when playing bruisers and assassins. would def play the traditional league comp with a tank top / jung, and enchanter support.

5. Support - def last. might lack trading fundamentals and wave management and overall less mechanical skill than their counterparts. would definitely get outplayed in almost every aspect of the game from trading, rotations, objectives, team fighting. Wouldn't be surprised if they could beat top mains due to their patience

im just generalizing y'all. were living in a time where Centers in the NBA Centers are expected to have a 3 point jump shot in their arsenal. maybe support mains can transition their skill out to other roles. sadly, we'll never know.

User Info: Nightmare_Luna

Nightmare_Luna
3 weeks ago#2
not adc
GBF: Rank 175, ID: 19894114, LF: Chev/Tia/Shiva/Bonito, have Magna FLB (No Levi/Chev)/Luci/Kaguya

User Info: Ryuko_Chan

Ryuko_Chan
3 weeks ago#3
Nightmare_Luna posted...
not adc

this
everybody else has a chance
https://i.imgtc.com/LCLKlZX.gif
Life Fiber Kamui SENKETSU!

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
3 weeks ago#4
Mid or ADC auto-lose.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: HamJabroni

HamJabroni
3 weeks ago#5
Mid 100%
LoL is better than hell? What a joke. LoL is hell itself. There's no hope to be had in it - nothing but absolute despair.
#TSMWIN - Best Western LoL team ever

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
3 weeks ago#6
Top because Teemo
I actually prefer the purple stuff

User Info: profzX

profzX
3 weeks ago#7
SOAD5657 posted...
Mid or ADC auto-lose.

https://i.imgtc.ws/ZwQOCK1.gif
I wish to be Kalista's soulbound, I'd be her supp and I'd KS, so she would shove her dirty, sweaty feet on my face, forcing me to inhale, lick and worship her

User Info: BurritoGod

BurritoGod
3 weeks ago#8
ADC easy clap. Adc's usually off-role support. They make a protect the ADC comp and massacre everyone else.
GT: WiestdaBeast

User Info: Noop_Noop

Noop_Noop
3 weeks ago#9
JG probably isn't going to do great. The 3 players who are expected to CS are never gonna be as good at it as the people who actually main roles where you do so.

User Info: SergeantGander

SergeantGander
3 weeks ago#10
Voted for mid. Most influence on map besides JG. Understand prio/pressure. Wide variety of champs including assassins, divers, backliners.

iLikeQ posted...

5. Support - def last. might lack trading fundamentals and wave management and overall less mechanical skill than their counterparts. would definitely get outplayed in almost every aspect of the game from trading, rotations, objectives, team fighting. Wouldn't be surprised if they could beat top mains due to their patience

im just generalizing y'all. were living in a time where Centers in the NBA Centers are expected to have a 3 point jump shot in their arsenal. maybe support mains can transition their skill out to other roles. sadly, we'll never know.

Support is like a trading simulator with a side of wave management.
LoL IGN: MsRaffensperger
~Dennis~
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Which specific role would win in a 5v5 tourney? (e.g. 5 mid mains vs 5 jg mains)
  • Topic Archived