You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I never will get the appeal of this game or the genre its in

User Info: InsaneGamer137

InsaneGamer137
4 weeks ago#1
Especially Draven, he is awful. But this game just does not seem fun when I saw some LPs on YouTube a few years ago.
Proud Grand Theft Auto and Ace Combat Fan Boy

User Info: slakker4lif3

slakker4lif3
4 weeks ago#2
That was me nearly a decade ago. Then the playstation servers when down and I had nothing to play but this.

And now I'm still playing it 9 years later.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
4 weeks ago#3
I'll never understand the appeal of professional wrestling, but I'm also not so self important as to think that anyone on a board associated with WWE would give two s***s about my opinion. :D
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: InsaneGamer137

InsaneGamer137
4 weeks ago#4
RJ1771 posted...
I'll never understand the appeal of professional wrestling, but I'm also not so self important as to think that anyone on a board associated with WWE would give two s***s about my opinion. :D

I>U
Proud Grand Theft Auto and Ace Combat Fan Boy

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 weeks ago#5
What do you play instead
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
4 weeks ago#6
InsaneGamer137 posted...
RJ1771 posted...

I>U

Spoken like a true winner, and I thank you for proving my point.
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
4 weeks ago#7
Wow this guy is an insane gamer
Sigs are for nerds.
Hardstuck in challenger.

User Info: Phatbeast69

Phatbeast69
4 weeks ago#8
If you enjoy it you enjoy it, if you don’t you don’t pretty simple. I play all the 4 mobas but LoL is the best and I’ve never been able to drop it since I started in 2014.

I feel the same way you do but about MMOs and whatever genre PoE and Diablo are. Seem like wastes of time.
Ranged champs are for low Testosterone men.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: profzX

profzX
4 weeks ago#9
InsaneGamer137 posted...
Especially Draven, he is awful. But this game just does not seem fun when I saw some LPs on YouTube a few years ago.

So youve never played the game and are still triggered over him winning a character poll years ago over the same 3 characters that won dozens of times?

I'll never get gamefaqs
I wish to be Kalista's soulbound, I'd be her supp and I'd KS, so she would shove her dirty, sweaty feet on my face, forcing me to inhale, lick and worship her

User Info: WoodenRook

WoodenRook
4 weeks ago#10
The genre started on Warcraft 3. The regular maps were fun, but Warcraft 3 let you create your own maps with a tremendous amount of control. DOTA was one of the original maps that stood out. It had a lot of "heroes" with themes and abilities and items. It was simple to understand with three lanes and you'd go against an opponent in your lane and use gold to itemize.

It really was fun. I was fond of the Final Fantasy Tactics variant where everyone started as a Squire and you changed jobs similar to FFT where you had a path and eventually reached the job you wanted. It was the same MOBA style. It also let you upgrade minions and buildings.

I liked the Tower Defenses that were also started with Warcraft 3 custom maps. I liked Arkguil's Tower Defense the most, but also there's a crystals one I enjoyed.

There was another game type they came up with called Island Defense that was where you had one player controlling a massive monster and a bunch of players controlling very very very weak builders that would have to run around the island and build stuff to hold the monster until they could eventually kill it.

There were a ton of other games the creative Blizzard fanbase came up with, but those were my favorites... also a Resident Evil one where you and 4 other players were fighting the zombie apocalypse.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Raelic Gog: https://www.gog.com/u/WoodenRook
https://media.tenor.com/images/ba9d412c253f22d44f44687807b4e7ac/tenor.gif
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I never will get the appeal of this game or the genre its in