• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is there gen chat I can join for LFG stuff?

User Info: Kinny100

Kinny100
2 months ago#1
wanna find people to finish odyssey quests
http://i.imgur.com/riPcH.jpg

User Info: HamJabroni

HamJabroni
2 months ago#2
lol discord I think
LoL is better than hell? What a joke. LoL is hell itself. There's no hope to be had in it - nothing but absolute despair.
#TSMWIN - Best Western LoL team ever

Kinny100
2 months ago#3
i dont get why this game doesnt have general chat channels

bnet had them 25 yrs ago in wc2 online edition. is this the dark ages?

User Info: CrowsB4Hoes

CrowsB4Hoes
2 months ago#4
Kinny100 posted...

no no no. you see this game had a very thriving and active chat community in the client. a general chat which anyone could join, chats for specific champs, etc etc. all with large limits on how many people could be in the channel at once. it must have been like 100+ or 200+. and unless im mistaken, these chat rooms were searchable within the client

see riot decided that having their players interact with each other was a terrible idea, so they introduced clubs. clubs was a good idea....for 1 thing and 1 thing only. the tags. in champ select people could see which club you were a apart of. yay! all would have been well but riot decided to giveth 1 and taketh pretty much everything else

1. instead of a few large chat rooms with hundreds of people, riot decided to fragment the entire ecosystem for pretty much no reason. why they limited the clubs to 50 people each initially, the world will never know. i had to actually trim and delete people from my clubs because we only could hold 50. how pathetic. ONLY RECENTLY (year or two) did they increase the limit to 100 or 150 or whatever it is. takes a genius to figure out more than 50 people may want to join the ezreal club i guess.

2. clubs are pretty much dead. my clubs will have 3 people chat in them if at all. im sure this is the same with everyone else. splitting up the player base killed activity.

3. instead of having one Ahri club, riot decided the best thing to do was to have Ahri, @hri, Ahr1, Ahr-ri, and Ahhhhreeee clubs. because somehow this alternative is fun and exciting. what's more fun than 30 permutations of the same clubs with 5 people in each when you could have 1 ahri club (old system) with hundreds of people in them?

4. want to know what's more fun than having 10 variations of the same club? scouring the internet to even find these clubs in the first place. oh what's that, you didnt win the 1 in 45623563653 chance to run into someone in your favorite club in solo queue? TOO BAD. now spend the rest of your afternoon shifting through reddit topics, the LoL forums, and random websites searching for the elusive "Urgot" club or the elusive "Hamburgers" club. oh what's that? the club you want exists but the owner hasn't touched league in 2 years? SUCKS FOR YOU. enjoy your Hamburg3r club my friend.

5. you see riot told us years ago they are a small indiana company. no resources at all from their 2 BILLION a year. that's why they can't do something as complicated as a listing of all clubs that exist, the owner, and how to join the club conveniently. that would be too much work. besides what's the point? they all but killed chat activity in the client anyway? why revive what's dead?

6. don't you love how they turned the look of the chat into a texting simulator? microscopic chat boxes that look like text bubbles you'd see on any smart phone. nothing excites me more than a cellphone text experience on a screen 10x the size of a cellphone. what's that? havent been on league for a week or two? enjoy having half the messages in your club dissappear because small indie company deletes messages X days old that appear in your club. you can only scroll up so much in there and once it stops, all old messages can never be retrieved

7. did i mention riot hasn't figured out how to let people chat their friends list while in champ select???XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDwerw2,,,,DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD small Indianapolis, Indiana company btw
2017 GameFAQS LoL 1v1 tournament winner
My greatest creation: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/71156624

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
2 months ago#5
Kinny100 posted...

can you imagine a general chatroom in league?

it would effectively reduce the player base due to people getting triggered and getting themselves banned

its the same reason the game doesnt have voice chat for non-party members.... the amount of toxicity would skyrocket until rioto found a way to get on top of reporting voice chat
"You are a regular bot lane expecting a normal game then BOOM two idiots show up. flying to bot lane."
-The_Weird_Gamer

Kinny100
2 months ago#6
bring on the poison

User Info: BeerBongJohn

BeerBongJohn
2 months ago#7
it would be awesome if you could queue up by mission.
mod me if you hear me

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
2 months ago#8
Most chats seemed dead before they got rid of it....
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
2 months ago#9
BeerBongJohn posted...
it would be awesome if you could queue up by mission.

This would be good

These very specific missions are stupid as hell, wish they just made those as optional paths to complete the missions quicker
I actually prefer the purple stuff

User Info: I_love_SunnyD

I_love_SunnyD
2 months ago#10
You shouldn't get a queue ban for dodging in this stupid mode either if they are going to make specific missions like this

I guess I can't complain cause its free stuff and no one is forcing me to do it but still annoying
I actually prefer the purple stuff
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Is there gen chat I can join for LFG stuff?
  • Topic Archived