• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why do i have to be afraid of an adc when i play a mid laner?

User Info: dennis941012

dennis941012
10 months ago#21
Gainazzo posted...
How are they surviving Annies burst with one MR item? Is the Annie not building items or what because an Annie with 2-3 items kills an adc with one MR item in one rotation. I remember 1v1ing a wits end Varus without even having to ult even when I was massively below the normal power curve. If you can't get to two items before the adc builds their fourth item you'll have problems yeah.

Cause riot gutted every single mage patch after patch after patch starting from season 4.
to give "counter play" opportunity when mages job was to burst.
3DS FC: 5214-9942-1912

User Info: Bendetto

Bendetto
10 months ago#22
GamEGreeNGanG posted...
ignorance is bliss I suppose

you still competing for grumpiest old man on the forum, eh? Crows must be getting jelly
"You are a regular bot lane expecting a normal game then BOOM two idiots show up. flying to bot lane."
-The_Weird_Gamer

User Info: GamEGreeNGanG

GamEGreeNGanG
10 months ago#23
lol?
GamE GreeN GanG

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
10 months ago#24
lyricson posted...
Gainazzo posted...
How are they surviving Annies burst with one MR item? Is the Annie not building items or what because an Annie with 2-3 items kills an adc with one MR item in one rotation. I remember 1v1ing a wits end Varus without even having to ult even when I was massively below the normal power curve. If you can't get to two items before the adc builds their fourth item you'll have problems yeah.

At full build annie burst is around 1000+300% ap (including her shield being attacled a bit), if she got 500 ap (which is quite a normal amount) she will burst for ~ 2400 instantly and 2800 (with tibbers attacks and ludens over ~3 sec) -> 3200 with ignite.

An adc with bloodthirster and a maw will have ~ 2400 effective hp against annie (meaning she needs to do true dmg in order to 1 shot him) and will heal for ~ 50 hp/aa -> 75hp/sec trough grievious wounds with only the lifesteal from bloodthirster. If you can do some easy maths you'll realize that if he only has 25% magic resistance he will survive the fight against annie (hell i didn't even factor heal in this scenario so) while having more effective range than her, no deaths dance and no phantom dancer.

Overall,sure annie will usually kill an adc anyway because it won't always be lategame and adcs won't play perfectly, but any support or the adc having a slight lead means he will be killing her which is the dumb part (also keep in mind annie has one of the strongest burst out of any mage, champions like malzahar or lissandra simply do not stand any chance ever against an adc once a certain point of the game is reached).

Nah at full build she does easily around 3500 damage without E or ignite through that amount of magic resist and kills the adc before the stun ends. It's not even close really. You're missing your W or something if you can't kill an adc as Annie

https://gyazo.com/90beb588d0d00f441832c35a066127b1 she does 3k to a target dummy which has 15 more MR than an adc with maw.

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
10 months ago#25
Gainazzo posted...
lyricson posted...
Gainazzo posted...

At full build annie burst is around 1000+300% ap (including her shield being attacled a bit), if she got 500 ap (which is quite a normal amount) she will burst for ~ 2400 instantly and 2800 (with tibbers attacks and ludens over ~3 sec) -> 3200 with ignite.

An adc with bloodthirster and a maw will have ~ 2400 effective hp against annie (meaning she needs to do true dmg in order to 1 shot him) and will heal for ~ 50 hp/aa -> 75hp/sec trough grievious wounds with only the lifesteal from bloodthirster. If you can do some easy maths you'll realize that if he only has 25% magic resistance he will survive the fight against annie (hell i didn't even factor heal in this scenario so) while having more effective range than her, no deaths dance and no phantom dancer.

Overall,sure annie will usually kill an adc anyway because it won't always be lategame and adcs won't play perfectly, but any support or the adc having a slight lead means he will be killing her which is the dumb part (also keep in mind annie has one of the strongest burst out of any mage, champions like malzahar or lissandra simply do not stand any chance ever against an adc once a certain point of the game is reached).

Nah at full build she does easily around 3500 damage without E or ignite through that amount of magic resist and kills the adc before the stun ends. It's not even close really. You're missing your W or something if you can't kill an adc as Annie

https://gyazo.com/90beb588d0d00f441832c35a066127b1 she does 3k to a target dummy which has 15 more MR than an adc with maw.

Depends on her build, i also wasn't talking about a 100% fully built anie that went full dmg. My main point is she shouldn't have any issue killing adcs yet she can easily have some.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -

User Info: Zans_

Zans_
10 months ago#26
lyricson posted...
i also wasn't talking about a 100% fully built anie

lyricson posted...
At full build annie

?
LoL: Zans, Abandon All Hope, Peaches FTW

User Info: lyricson

lyricson
10 months ago#27
Zans_ posted...
lyricson posted...

lyricson posted...
At full build annie

?

I meant that you can have an annie with 1000 ap lategame just like you can get an annie with 500 ap, there is a difference between someone who hit lategame and sells an item for another one or someone that sacrifice lategame efficacity for a chance to actually get to it.
Ign: Taliyah Tequila
"I know what i'm doing" - low plat 1 trick -

User Info: 8420

10 months ago#28
...because they're also a glass cannon that builds damage at the expense of survivability? It's a two-way street.

And getting Maw for an ADC is almost just as bad as getting Zhonya's for mages. You can't tell me stopping to get a Hex/Maw instead of more crit isn't lowering your DPS; same thing for Mages getting Hourglass instead of getting more magic pen.

The real question here is why Ryze gets both.
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
10 months ago#29
lyricson posted...
Zans_ posted...
lyricson posted...

lyricson posted...
At full build annie

?

I meant that you can have an annie with 1000 ap lategame just like you can get an annie with 500 ap, there is a difference between someone who hit lategame and sells an item for another one or someone that sacrifice lategame efficacity for a chance to actually get to it.

You won't get less than 600AP with a full build if you build ap items. I think I had 680 in that video. There are 0 points in the game where Annie combo doesn't 1 shot an adc unless you're troll building or not farming for some reason. I usually go for Rylai + Liandry and she still 1 shots the adc.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Why do i have to be afraid of an adc when i play a mid laner?
  • Topic Archived